Dual FOCBOX First DIY Questions

I recently purchased two FOCBOX’s for my first DIY build. I was wondering how many continuous amps I can safely run through the esc’s (I was thinking about 60 amps) with a 12s2p battery. Also I’ve read many accounts of vesc 4.12 burning up. Is that the case with the FOCBOX’s?

what cells doe your battery have that will be your limit

Samsung 30q

20 amps each side probably -8 amps regen each side is around your top end might be able to go higher on the regen, your gonna want a bigger battery to be honest.

2 Likes

So does this mean that a 12s4p battery would have more torque than a 12s2p battery, but the same top speed?

You can safely push 60a through each FocBox, I’ve done 80a with no issues.

Your battery is the bottleneck, you’d need an 6p to do 60a.

4 Likes

12s4p will increase top speed as it will decrease voltage sag

What will happen if I try 60 amp output using my 12s2p for short durations? Or maybe even continuous? (30 each side)

You’re battery will overheat Samsung 30qs cant even safely sustain 20AMPS without reaching high thermals in a single cell test, this will get worse when the battery is heatshrinked and packed in a low thermal dissipation environment.

2 Likes

Alright Thanks for the info!

I see that you have used a 2p configuration for one of your builds with 6374 motors. How is the acceleration on that build?

Very strong as its 140 kv motor so torque rips I honestly think single drive 2p is way better than dual drive 2p way more efficient and ample torque only thing that suffers is traction in moist conditions.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome. Yea your right, single drive is sufficient enough but I just couldn’t give up that extra torque. I have a 190kv motor so that probably will throw me off the board

1 Like