Dual Focbox. CANBUS Programming help needed

I’m using the VESC Tool. Both motors are at the same firmware, detected, and spinning when separately programmed. Canbus cable is plugged in. I’m missing something in the programming because both vescs don’t pop up. Could someone toss me some suggestions? Thanks

have you set Master and slave id’s? Eg 0 for Master and 1 for slave? Have you set multiple vescs over CAN? etc

1 Like

Yeah I gave them different numbers. For master I put True for multiple vescs over can and for Slave I put false. Is there a proper setting in the App portion too under PPM?

What version focbox? if it is 1.6 becareful! don’t pull out the canbus while it is on or you will fry the esc.

2 Likes

like @PixelatedPolyeurthan said, if you’ve got v1.6 and had the esc’s on and plugged in the Canbus lead, you’ve cooked your can driver. Then you gotta run split ppm

3 Likes

There’s your problem.

One should be set to ID 1, one should be set to ID 0, 0 should be master, 1 should be slave, and BOTH should be set to dual over CAN. Plug the PWM receiver into master.

2 Likes

Did that and still nothing. I do have v1.6. Where do I get a split pwm cable? I don’t want to splice into the Focbox cables

can you double check your can bus wires? only pin 2 and 3 should be connected, and 2 on one should be connected to 2 on the other, and 3 on one should be connected to 3 on the other. make sure you don’t have them crossed.

2 Likes

They were crossed originally but I fixed that and I’m still getting nothing to the slave.

1 Like

Happy lights on both?

1 Like