Different Firmware on each side of my VESC, unable to flash, help needed

That’s what I think too

Downgrading, upgrading, nothing works I’m afraid

One side is stuck at 3.52 the other you can upgrade/downgrade right?
Or did I read that wrong

I was able to upgrade one of them but now they area both locked
One in 4.02, the other one in 3.52 I think

He was probably following this guide
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1g_5D_FVTTBQiIOWBwuRk5pENaWuxIcFF/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=mspresentation

Did you see the vendor comment about using fw 3.65?

Which vesc tool are you using?

That guide would just link you to the current version.

Have you tried to load older versions of the vesc tool and flash the bootloader from them and then firmware?

1 Like

@DavidF

You should probably try v1.29 if u can find it.

Also that controller times out and shuts off super fast like faster than you can get setup and flash it sometimes. Turning the remote on buys you some time.

I’s it possible the controller is shutting off when you’re flashing the boot loader?

1 Like

Lots of question
I tried 0.95, 1.06, 1.28, 20.06 and Ackmaniac
Tried upgrading, downgrading

@Arzamenable
Yeah the FW is supposed to stay at 3.65 but only if you want to keep the functionnality theyr are talking about
At least that’s what I understand

Booloader flashing is quite fast and I usually switch on just before I try to flash, so no shutting off should occure (I think it’s 5 min anyway)

For sure, put what ever you want on it, it’s your gear. Sometimes getting back to stock helps when things are fubar, then moving on from there.

Try a different usb cord. I was pulling my hair out over something related and @mccloed recommended a different cord and it worked. I still don’t understand why.

Tried different USB port, different cables, different PCs
BTW I decided to try to install “forbiden” FW when I was convinced it was bricked :slightly_smiling_face:

I see. Still no dice?

Hi, @DavidF.

I’m having the same problem and Itried useing v1.28 just now and it isn’t even connecting to the vesc anymore!! :fearful: :fearful: :fearful:

Did you manage to find a v1.29? I’ve tried all forums and internet research and couldn’t get it. Please let me know if you were able to fix your VESC.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

This works on every board I’ve tried it on:

2 Likes

@BillGordon. Thanks! It’s now connecting! You saved my board… hahaha. Now I just need to make it work with the 3.65 version.

1 Like

Let me know, as even with Ackmaniac I was not able to fix my issue, I had to buy a new Esc. (and my board is working now :tada:)
BTW I never found the version 1.29 for PC, looks like it only existed for MAC

2 Likes

Really??!! Wow, not so good news! haha. I’ll keep trying and will keep you posted.

1 Like

Yeah, fixing the bricked esc would be nice, I could get back some of my money :ok_hand:
Did you have different FW on each side or you were just unable to upgrade?

It’s a minor change in the log from 1.28.

1 Like