Different Firmware on each side of my VESC, unable to flash, help needed

By stock you mean 180 $ junk? :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you connecting to the slave Esc by can forwarding?

It’s a prebuilt board, I just changed my dead remote which didn’t work so I had to launch this lovely VESCTool, probably did somthing wrong following a video and bricked it
That’s about all I know about the subject, sorry

VESC tool?

… I think that Esc is 6. Xx hardware based. You can use one to fix the other

1 Like

Yep of course sorry

Curiously, @DavidC has been in your shoes.

FSESC 6.6 DUAL repair

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the only way to connect to that controller is usb. So and st-link or any other normal methods won’t help you.

Is the controller functional on 3.52? If so could you downgrade the other to 3.52 and run it that way?

I ran into a similar issue with that controller I was able to flash the bootloader using vesc tool. I used an old version that was installed on my pc and then stepped up to vesc tool 1.28 firmware 3.65.

1 Like

That’s what I think too

Downgrading, upgrading, nothing works I’m afraid

One side is stuck at 3.52 the other you can upgrade/downgrade right?
Or did I read that wrong

I was able to upgrade one of them but now they area both locked
One in 4.02, the other one in 3.52 I think

He was probably following this guide
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1g_5D_FVTTBQiIOWBwuRk5pENaWuxIcFF/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=mspresentation

Did you see the vendor comment about using fw 3.65?

Which vesc tool are you using?

That guide would just link you to the current version.

Have you tried to load older versions of the vesc tool and flash the bootloader from them and then firmware?

1 Like

@DavidF

You should probably try v1.29 if u can find it.

Also that controller times out and shuts off super fast like faster than you can get setup and flash it sometimes. Turning the remote on buys you some time.

I’s it possible the controller is shutting off when you’re flashing the boot loader?

1 Like

Lots of question
I tried 0.95, 1.06, 1.28, 20.06 and Ackmaniac
Tried upgrading, downgrading

@Arzamenable
Yeah the FW is supposed to stay at 3.65 but only if you want to keep the functionnality theyr are talking about
At least that’s what I understand

Booloader flashing is quite fast and I usually switch on just before I try to flash, so no shutting off should occure (I think it’s 5 min anyway)

For sure, put what ever you want on it, it’s your gear. Sometimes getting back to stock helps when things are fubar, then moving on from there.

Try a different usb cord. I was pulling my hair out over something related and @mccloed recommended a different cord and it worked. I still don’t understand why.

Tried different USB port, different cables, different PCs
BTW I decided to try to install “forbiden” FW when I was convinced it was bricked :slightly_smiling_face:

I see. Still no dice?