ENNOID XLITE & VESC

I spent some time working on this so that you get it installed in one of those onewheels. Hope it will fit in the enclosure and that it will perform as you would expect. Not yet optimal in size and price for tge 12S version, but a work in progress. The 12S is a trimmed 24S version, so not optimal, but functionnal. Keep in mind it is still a new device fresh out of the oven, I’m still learning it a few new tricks over software updates. I’m kind of limited with the features present on the VESC-BMS & VESC firmware at the moment.

2 Likes

Very cool. I’ll see how these go, and likely also order a couple of the 24s models for Onewheel rebuilds. Width wise, these seem to fit quite well in an XR box.

Very encouraging! Thank you. :+1:

1 Like

I see some cleaning residues on this unit. Still some work to do on my side… :thinking: Must work harder on this…

Good to hear!

I’ll have my Xlite 24S after the new year, so I’ll test the fit too, though I won’t be able to use it immediately…

I have been able to make EBMS read battery discharge current from connected VESC over CAN bus. EBMS can now be considered as feature complete in regard to VESC CAN bus integration. At least, what is possible to do with VESC at this moment. This is particularly important for charge only BMS such as XLITE.

To enable this, you must update your EBMS with latest EBMS-tool V5.02.

8 Likes

Also, note that you can now change the EBMS settings & update the firmware over CAN forward function in VESC tool V3.0 and above… particularly important for tight builds were you don’t have access to the EBMS once the battery is sealed…I will update once more EBMS-tool with the new 5.02 firmware today. It is still labeled as alpha, but it does work, although it might still require some fine tuning on some aspect to works flawlessly. Works fine on VESC tool desktop, but BLE does not seems to allow custom interface for now.

Basically you don’t need to have access to the EBMS USB port for configuring or firmware updates if you have access to VESC USB.

8 Likes

Sweet. :+1:

I updated on github today BMS-tool-V5.02-alpha-7 with the previously announced fixes & new features.

Download here:

4 Likes

Again some fixes today to VESC current readings and config issues. New alpha 8 available

1 Like

Little stupid question. 24s BMS version, can be used as just for example 19S, I mean, can you use any XXs configurations? or have to be 12s or 24s? Thanks

You can do anything in between 12-24s with the larger one I believe. You certainly can do 19s. They’re “6s to 24s BMS”

edit: 13s-24s for the larger one

1 Like

There is also a pinout.pdf file that shows how to connect the BMS with fewer than 24 cells. There is a setting that must be configured for specifying to the BMS the number of connected cells with EBMS-tool or VESC-tool.

reliability is basically 100%, me and few other people bought it and are super happy! I have charge disabled so it would not let battery charge and current stayed in VESC - no issues, even CP protection on VESC was triggered due to over voltage sooo many times. App works flawlessly, all future beside GPS work flawlessly, specs are smaller than ant and others, build quality is at insane level! specially higher power once :heart_eyes: It is about the only china made BMS I can say with confidence I would trust without questions. (GPS I didn’t configure)

• no vesc integration though, but no need as it is full and with logging and with app and BT built in.

Hope charge only options will start to pop more

this is beautiful job no questions, I just don’t see how BOM price vs sale price can be considered reasonable… THOUGH, new TRAMPA 18s bms is like 270USD hahaha

@Yoodog jaja…

1 Like

Anyone got the metr can UBox ennoid xlite working?….keep getting this

I don’t know if Metr has worked on integrating EBMS to their app.
Seems like they haven’t yet…

I know that Davega display works well with an EBMS connected to a VESC over CAN bus.

Anyone set one of these up in a diy Onewheel? The esc…

Any cheaper alternatives? $225 is kinda steep ngl. :confused: I could swear it was only $180 last week when I found this project.

Last firmware update of metr did say “added support for ennoid” ( not app update but firmware for the module)

1 Like