ENNOID XLITE & VESC

@HMS Why would this time be different? Does not look like you have changed… I have this here for you :stuck_out_tongue: :

Ok. My most humble apologies. I guess I’ll start looking elsewhere.

2 Likes

I noticed 125A rating on your esc, I figure that would be continuous battery current or phase current, any educated guesses for peak battery / phase current?

BTW, to open a detailed step file in FreeCad, first go to Edit/Preferences/Import-Export click on the Step tab and uncheck “Enable STEP Compound merge”.

I noticed 125A rating on your esc

It is an approximate number based on data from other product design reference, such as the VESC 100_250. This ESC should be able to carry approx. half. As mentiomned this custom ESC still need some further testing in real world. It should be able to deliver up to 125A battery.

I’m kind of proud of this ESC layout so far. It worked well during the testing we have done with it. It brings some new ideas without going too far away from other VESC design choices. Schematics are directly a mix of some others design. PCB layout is an entirely new design using TOLL fets. Those are very powerful FET and make the design quite compact.

3 Likes

Ok folks,

Tested today the latest updates for VESC+EBMS USB & CAN integration.
Things looks good so far.

Here is my VESC based E-ESC 100_125+EBMS setup connected together over CAN bus & monitoring over VESC USB (On a prototyping bench test):

When you do connect an EBMS USB to VESC 3.00 or above you get the custom configuration page in VESC tool (minimal config options are available):

and also can gather the data in real time as well:

I implemented yesterday current reading into EBMS XLITE from master VESC CAN bus connected with CAN_STATUS_1_2_3_4. So everything is now in place to have an XLITE being able to get SOC even if main discharge path is bypassed.

We just have to wait a bit until the VESC firmware 5.03 finalize to make everything final on my side. At least everything works now and is getting ready.

6 Likes

Didnt find an official case for the Ennoid Vesc so using the Step file I just made a quick one (super basic), will use it as a template for the aluminium heatsink later too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

looks good. Even myself will need this :slight_smile:
I started to offer the E-VESC on my website, but I had no time to work on the 3dprinted case.

Let us know how it fits on the real E-VESC. I hope you will enjoy it.

1 Like

Anyone done an XLITE-12 case?

I just shipped the first couple unit last week. So, I don’t think anyone has taken the time to create a case.

1 Like

Mine is due to arrive in 2 days, looking forward to trying it out!! Once I get it I was thinking of making a 3d printed case that integrates into the end of a 11s4P 21700 pack then wrap the whole thing, if it works OK i post it back here.

just finished my latest iteration of the Ennoid Vesc Case :slight_smile:

Next up is the Ennoid BMS 18s LITE :slight_smile:

9 Likes

The XLITE-12 and XLITE-24 samples arrived today. Thanks @ENNOID. Hopefully soon to be fully supported by DAVEGA. I plan to spend some time on it this week.

14 Likes

Are these going to be supported by the FreeSk8 System as well?

@DerelictRobot would be super cool if they got these to work with their system.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Renee added support for DiebieMS and FlexiBMS already so I can’t see why not. :kissing: Usually just a matter of getting hardware in hand.

2 Likes

@ENNOID, do you please have pinouts for the XLITEs?

The new XLITEs look awesome. And 24S? Gimme now.

Has the fit been tested in a Onewheel BMS compartment? Kinda looks like it should go in but the connectors might be real tight.

There’s a pinout link at the bottom of the page: ENNOID - XLITE

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I didn’t notice they are already in the e-shop.

1 Like

I made a simple enclosure for the XLITE 12S.

5 Likes