Dickyho Motor Mounts

Is anyone else having the issue of Dickyho’s mounts cracking? Three (3) mounts have cracked on me already, 2 on my sons board and 1 of mine.
Don’t understand why this keeps happening, we only ride on sidewalks.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Ho wow first time I see such thing on dickho’s mount
I have 2 on my AT boards, they’re still going strong
@dickyho

9 Likes

I haven’t had any problems, either, though it’s likely you guys ride harder than I do. What drivetrain are you both using? Also, using crossbars on any of them?

1 Like

My sons board 1- 6374, 14-36, 120mm wheels.

My board 2- 6374, 14-36, 120mm wheels.

We don’t ride hard, just sidewalks and regular pavement. No off road.
SMH.

1 Like

The silver one looks like it is from the bad batch when dickyho got scammed and the factory used super low quality alloy instead 6061. I have couple of these and they bend like crazy. I also have long blue ones from newer batch and those are solid af.

8 Likes

Mine are also the longer blue version, though I have a short blue set I’ll be using soon.

3 Likes

Mine have been great so far. I think sidewalks are pretty rough on the parts since it hits those cracks every 3 feet.

1 Like

Did you order all 3 at the same time? Seems like the bad batch theory is the most likely cause. I have the short mounts and abuse them a bit and they are fine.

5 Likes

I have long ones on mine reverse mount and no issues with those yet but maybe the short grey and blue were not 6061 grade.

2 Likes

@dickyho any thoughts on this?

I have had several iterations of his mounts and had no issues. He has beefed up the design quite a bit. If you are looking at possible alternatives check out boardnamics

3 Likes

These look like the old style mounts.
I’ve bent those into a pretzel with 5065’s but they never cracked. Moved on to boardnamics, as suggested above, no issues since👍

3 Likes

Sorry, these are the old batch very long time ago, the material was not good.

11 Likes

What material did you use back then? 6061?

1 Like

I am not sure, I ordered 6061 all the time. was got scammed with other material.

9 Likes

Oops this is a Janex motor mount

Happened to me about a week ago going uphill about 10mph on very smooth roads not turning just all of a sudden I’m dragging my new motor.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that isn’t a dickyho mount? I don’t recall whose it is but it doesn’t look like dicky’s

6 Likes

I got @dickyho motor mount blue pretty solid lots of off roads didn’t break yet so far.

1 Like

It’s a janux mount.

4 Likes