Demonseed 44 Enclosure now with 42 inch goodness

Got another one of these to make. Fingers crossed for an equally good result.

4 Likes

Wax on. Wax off.

4 Likes

Been doing it all night brother, your technique is working gooooood

2 Likes

Gelcoat in. Going for as transparent as possible with this one. Hoping it doesn’t come up looking all patchy like a lot of raw fibreglass stuff that I’ve seen.

3 Likes

I am going to give this a try next enclosure. this thing is going to be a beast…

1 Like

Excited for this one. Very curious to see just how transparent it will be. It looks promising.

Layup is:
Gelcoat - 150ml
200gsm cloth
800gsm woven roving
600gsm woven roving
800gsm woven roving
200gsm cloth

I used 200ml of resin as well as the 150ml gelcoat. This thing should be fucking bombproof.

13 Likes

What gelcoat and resin are you using bro?

1 Like

The resin is slow cure epoxy from www.trojanfibreglass.com.au

To make the gelcoat, I just mix it with fused silica to get my desired consistency

2 Likes

Not as successful as my first pull, got a few little bubbles and imperfections in the corners in the gelcoat on this one. Can be fixed.

It does have some transparency, but not much.

8 Likes

That’s some sexy glass work…

4 Likes

Hey guuuyyyyys…

I figured the missus is never gonna let me have my 42 back… and I’ve been asked several times about an enclosure for it… so lets see what happens :grin:

5 Likes

Farrrk. Must resist.

3 Likes

LoL offtopic, you got me all excited :crazy_face:

An enclosure for “the longest Demonseed that can actually be obtained” is really cool also though :100:

3 Likes

You in the uk ?
No :slight_smile:

He’s in AUS — but the shipping is terrible to AUS not from AUS, at least that’s the case here in the USA

2 Likes

Postal workers health care plans I suspect. Maybe Biden will bring in free healthcare like the rest of the world.
I would settle for just the metric system.

4 Likes

Got here in 6 days :exploding_head: big ups to Daddies board shop.

Will get started on a buck this weekend

12 Likes

is that the 44 or the 42?

42​

probably needs a new thread :smiley:

2 Likes

I suppose so. I’ve been looking at the deamonseed some time ago, shame they are not making the 44 anymore

2 Likes