Demon 2.0 VESC Help BMS cutting our?

So another demon 2.0 customer and I got our boards last week. Long story short. I can’t full throttle for 4+ seconds without the board like, jerking really hard kinda like a brake for a second. Hard enough to throw you off the board. I already fell 5+ times as week as him.

So my friend and I decided to check the VESC configurations. Flipsky 6.6 dual Plus for mine and his Focbox Unity.

12s3p 40T - 6374 190kv Motors rated for 85A

These are the default settings:

70 something Amps per motors
99A Battery current Max
60 regen I think

So we said okay, that 99 is an issue. we have a 12s3p 40T I’m guessing rated for 75A so 37.5 A each VESC. But we decided to change it to

30A battery current max
-15A regen
Motors are at 70A

Now, I thought it was fixed. I can accelerate past that 3-4 second mark with no cutout and can get to 5-6 seconds before acceleration is really powerful and I get scared and let off throttle. I’m unable to do harder testing because I’m afraid it’ll cut out at higher speeds.

It worded fine for a few days, tried it again and pushed it a little harder and it happened again. It jerks hard as if the VESC like, stuttered or BMS I don’t know what happened.

Is the motors amps too high? Is the 30A battery current too low, too high? Is the BMS just cutting out when amps get too high? We’re just so lost and we don’t know how to fix it. Ive also changed the settings to 40amps per motors but motors get hot. I just need to know what’s happening. I already reprogrammed the VESC like 3 times and updated firmware etc. It’s a $2,000 board so I hope you guys can help us. It’s kinda sucks that we’re not comfortable ridnint because of this issue. I can’t get Fault codes because I don’t have Bluetooth to connect it to my phone. I have to literally open it up and plug into my computer

This sucks if I’m being honest…

Do you know what firmware you’re running by chance?

“flipskied”

1 Like

Try
Per Vesc

80(85) Amps Motor
Battery Max 80
12-15 regen

Edit- this is close to what you had but it was with motor lower than battery.

wondering if your asking to much of the cell but it’;s rated at 35a© - with headroom sounds strange for the cell

Any faults thrown?

We just uploaded a video on how to hopefully fix this. Let me know if it helps

2 Likes