DAVEGA X: Gauging interest

I need to sync up with my product design department. :slight_smile: @LR-designs seems to have been busy lately. We’ll hopefully send an ETA soon. Please bear with us. We both have full time jobs and families.

7 Likes

That is sexy as shit!!! How’s the viewing angle on the trampa deck?

Does it stay solid or does it feel like it will eventually fold and break off? Is there any give whatsoever if you pull on it?

Can not test that. Still waiting for my UNITY before getting to ride that board. The DAVEga is also disassembled from it already. Was just screwing it on to see how it would look and you guys know if it will fit for you.

@Flasher Already disassembled it from the board but it wasn’t feeling like it will break off at all.

2 Likes

@hexakopter From the pic it looks like its hanging over the tip. Is this the case? I have screws at the tip of my board that might interfere if so

Took a picture for you. Its needed to use the bottom holes of the base plate because of the angle of the Holy Pro deck. You can see that it is on the very edge. The hole 1mm at a different place or the plate 1mm longer on the bottom and it wouldn’t fit.

Also measured the thickness of the plate. 4mm aluminum, so that will not fold that easily.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@hexakopter
Guess I’m slightly f’ed :rofl:
Tried blending our boards together to see and my screws will have to go

Edit: Just thought of something. The davega x can be flipped 90° and still fit the holes?

2 Likes

Looks like it would fit in the middle section. I have a bull gaurd to protect it anyway

You could use flat head bolts there and countersink the deck?

I’ll probably try that. Problem will be the bracket I created for my led headlight is 1mm alu. It won’t like the countersinking

1 Like

@Flasher As if you’re going to keep those light after you see mine and the ttl goes public

1 Like

@hexakopter could you flip the baseplate and see if it still fits without hitting the 35° angle?

The current beta testing plate is symmetrical. So not like the idea @janpom was talking about for future designs and the final version.

@Ace You haven’t even seen what i planned as a replacement :rofl: but I’ll be keeping my LEDs also as I can give them the knight rider look

1 Like

These baseplates are what we use for testing. The positions of the holes may be different in the final version.

1 Like

@janpom Could this plate still be used in the final version or it would no longer fit the case?

The hood rats in bmore call me night rider when I ride in all black with just the underglow. :rofl:

@janpom most definitely man! I will gladly wait patiently wait :hugs:

@hexakopter thanks for the pics! I think on mine it will fit just fine for me! My other build (if I ever finish) will be the same as this. So hopefully the final plate is similar :grin:

@LR-designs Why not using longholes?

Longholes? You mean like rectangle slots? It’s because we are using counter sunk bolts for clearance inside the davega, and these holes are stronger than slots.

Also the first designs didn’t factor in MTB mounting.

1 Like