ValEllah ( DaughterBoard ) - Prototipo Deck | 12s5p 40T FrannyPack™ | MBS Oil slicks | Moon Drives | flipsky 6384 190kv | Metroboard 155s | Conflict-Free Unity | Hoyt/PPB

This is my “second build” … I haven’t actually built it… more like part swapped my way to it.

Originally planned to build everything from scratch, including custom battery build. But I told myself I’d build my commuter board first, Yet I haven’t. but it’s still my first planned build and this is my second. but done first… as you do.

Thanks to!!!

• @CiscoV for electronics assembly and drivetrain sourcing.
  • @moon for gear drives. and trouble shooting. and replacement bits.
  • @Venom121212 for custom moon drive spacers. oh and also for naming his board “circuit board” which gave me the idea for “daughterboard”
  • @DerelictRobot for battery build. FrannyPack™ !!! Never to be sold!
  • @Sender for “Senderizing”
  • @akhlut for custom truck mounting plates.
  • My 14yo Daughter for the original illustration and coloring.
  • @mmaner for art post processing.
  • @BillGordon for inspiring me with his great and welcoming attitude when I got started.
  • @MBS for oil slicks that I like more than I thought I would.
  • @isabar for metroboard 155s which I love for jettting about on short course racing.
  • James Wong for the vinyl wrap on the motors. which I now like but wouldn’t have bought myself.
  • @Arch and @JohnnyMeduse for their help and support on my esk8 journey.

32 Likes

Dude this is gorgeous! So cool that you got your daughters artwork infused in your build. It fits really nicely together and rides great I’m sure.

What gear ratio did you go with?

3 Likes

Damn that looks sick

Also those gear derive spacers are huge! Wow!

1 Like

:drooling_face::drooling_face:

Good stuff man. Also interested in the gear ratio.

1 Like

:drooling_face: It rides like a dream as well!

1 Like

Thank you!

currently 12T/44T but I also have the 14T to try if I don’t like the top speed. I did love the torque on 11T/44T 155s. that was fun for a bit. :slight_smile:

yeah… @moon has said the spacing from axel to bolt hole on the MBS trucks varies between trucks. ( bolt hole is for mountain board brakes, and moon drives motor mount uses that hole. ) and he has a spreadsheet. mine are like 10mm the high end of the ones he’s sampled. from 2mm - 11mm. which is a wide arse range. … something @Arch and team are also familiar with as lacroix used that bolt hole for their mounts.

3 Likes

and this is why i doubly thank @Venom121212 for his spacer design. it’d be pretty aesthetically unpleasing to me otherwise.

2 Likes

now I’m doubly glad I let you ride it. :D. thanks for the endorsement. …

1 Like

Oh Damn, @Rubidium got back to me with his photos from his photo shoot during the boards maiden voyage at intro 2 speed. he’s quite good with the photos.

16 Likes

add to folder :wink:

I can send you some new clamps if needed.

3 Likes

Yes please. Thanks!

2 Likes

Very nice build!

2 Likes

Dude I just saw this wow :star_struck: awesome LALAtown is killing it with these amazing builds

2 Likes

she’s famous now! ( on the moon drives builds page. )

5 Likes

“Daughter board”
“…more like part swapped my way to it.”

heh, cool. lets see what he hacked together for his daughter. so sweet.
scrolls down

WTF IS THIS BEAUTY!! Great build man! the art is fantastic!

1 Like

this is too funny. i didn’t see that interpretation till you pointed it out. wish I’d been clever enough to plan that effect… :smiley:

this thing has been renamed ValEllah by @Rubidium after hearing the graphic designers name was Ellah. and it’s stuck.

4 Likes