Custom UrbanCarver - MountainBoard Hybrid

The lighting of the pics… stunning :open_mouth: :astonished:

7 Likes

Do you find those bindings more comfy over traditional ones? I’m trying to see if I wanna get a set, eventually I want to get into doing jumps haha.

Beautiful build though. :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Thanks guys! @Kalitapaws To be honest, I don’t find the freeboard bindings too comfortable, probably I will need to get used to them… I’ve been riding a lot without any bindings and I have never used traditional one, so I don’t know the difference. The traditional ones look more comfortable though…

1 Like

There is only one thing I love more than e-boards and that’s a skeleton. So, I decided to create a skeleton artwork to print on my board. The second image is the crop version to fit the battery enclosure. The artwork is not a painted illustration, but a heavily processed photo that I took of my customized full size skeleton.The third image is the original photo.

6 Likes

Added some bulls bar! I’ve been planing to do that for a while. I had my eyes on the E-toxx ones which are really cool, but they are too damn expensive. Trampa don’t have them on black… so I bought these bike holder handle on Aliexpress (link below) which are really cheap and made some 3D printed adapters for the Trampa hanger. I think they look pretty cool! they are not the top quality, but they are lightweight and sturdy enough.

4 Likes

If anyone is interested in the adapters, I have attached the OBJ file. It’s not perfect, but it does the job. You’ll need to apply some force to install it or print it in a more flexible material… I used ABS.

adapter handle triple.obj (32.7 KB)

4 Likes

Looks awesome dude! Got any images/details on the enclosure?

1 Like

Thanks mate! I will post some photos tomorrow. I just finished applying the artwork from above on it. It’s a Trampa enclosure btw.

1 Like

@glyphiks Here are some details about the enclosure. As I said earlier, it’s a Trampa enclosure to which I added a layer of rubber of 1cm thickness between the deck and the enclosure to make room for a double layered battery pack. On the sides, I added 2 mini enclosures for the start button and a Bioboards display on a side and a Rosenberg charging port on the other.

4 Likes

And here is the final look with the artwork printed on it.

17 Likes

What material / printing technique did you use? It looks incredible! :open_mouth:

Can’t believe I missed this thread earlier; this build deserves a better name :smiley:

2 Likes

@rusins Thanks man! I printed the artwork on vinyl wrap material used for cars.

Yeah, you are right about the name! I wasn’t too inspired when I chose it haha!

2 Likes

Facelift!
Since the O-light lights are too powerful (I am literally blinding people with them), I don’t always use them in the city, cause the bike tracks are well lighted and they have a poor battery life, I decide to add another pair of lights, which I initially bought for my normal longboard. These lights are as daylights on a car, which means that are meant for you to be seen by other and not to actually light your path (they are quite awful for that, O-light being awesome from this p.o.v). I created and 3D printed an adapter so the lights could fit between the deck and the truck. Below I also attached a link for the lights and the 3D file for the adapter. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GFLZ53S/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_3p_dp_1
truck plate triple.obj (150.7 KB)

5 Likes

this build looks awesome. you did a great job.

Just one question, is there a reason that the rear is narrower than the front?

2 Likes

@ducktaperules Thanks man! To answer your question, it’s just a matter of preferences!
I had a Trampa Urban Carver before and since I loved how it handled sharp turns I decided the build one with a bigger battery pack ( this one), instead of a Mountain board.
While building it I realize I don’t have space to install Kaly’s light stands on the front Mini Truck the Carver has, so I bought a a full size hanger for the front.
I really love how it looks, I think it’s a quite unique look and it gives the board a muscle car feel…and I love muscle cars haha.

1 Like

Hey guys, I have a question and I was wondering if any of you could help me!
Based on my boards specs: Dual 6374 APS 170 KV motors rated for 80Amps, Focbox Unity, 12S7P battery and a 60A BMS… is it safe to push the Amps in each motor to 70, maybe even 80A each?
I tried with 60A and everything went fine, but I am afraid I am going to fry something if I push it more than that…

Cheers!

Only thing you have to worry about is thermal throttling. Do you have motor temp sensors?

You mention the 60A BMS… is that wired for discharge? In that case, it’s a pretty severe bottleneck.

2 Likes

@RyEnd Thanks for the answer! The motors are sensored, so yeah, I can see the motors temp in the Unity app. And also yes, the BMS is wired for charged and discharge. Does that mean it should protect the motors?

Cheers!

It means to protect the battery, it will shut down if you pull above the rated 60A.

Battery amps = amps pulled from the battery. This is always at the battery’s operating voltage.
Motor amps = amps pulled by the motors. This is factor of duty cycle and operating voltage

It’s worth looking into this so you understand what you’re setting up, but the long and short of it is that you can set motor amps higher than battery amps, and the motors can pull more amps (albeit at a lower voltage) at a lower duty cycle until it reaches at battery amps @ battery voltage.

SO. Even though you are turning your motor amps up past 60 (30 each) you are only benefiting from that at lower duty cycle, and become very limited as you exceed 30A @ 12S. For reference, @ 50% duty cycle (roughly half of your top speed) you are already beginning to be limited to below 60A.

1 Like

@RyEnd Thanks a lot for kindly explaining that to me!

I was a bit confused because I knew the BMS has 60A discarge, yet I wasn’t sure if those 60A were split between motors (30A each) or it can push 60Amps in each motor… thus my concern of setting the motors with more than 60Amps each.

So I guess in order the benefit of the more power I should switch my BMS for a 100A one? I know my battery pack should be capable of 105 A maximum continuous