Corona&Lime | Landyachtz Evo 40 | FSESC 6.6 | 12S4P | Elofty 58Kv

A437CBFD-79EF-4BF5-AD0E-E7C41C3D4B16

This is my first build that was finally finished last month but it now it runs great. Building this board is definitely a learning curve mixed with trial and error.

I knew I wanted to use 40T’s in a 12S4P configuration and double checked the dimensions of the pack multiple times to make sure everything will fit in the Eboosted enclosure.

Unfortunately on assembly day, it did not fit the FSESC 6.6 Dual because the battery extended too far back. I was not able to push the ESC any further back due to the curve of the Evo 40. The tail of the enclosure tapers down and the height of the enclosure shortens. I had to chisel out about 2-3cm of the deck so that the ESC could fit and comfortably clear the capacitors.

Also, if you are using the Evo 40 SS enclosure with a battery that long, use a smaller BMS so that it fits into the front nose of the enclosure. Discharge only BMS are typically small enough.

Ride Comments
I’m a light rider, 125lbs so the Elofty DD are excellent. I can easily reach 30mph. It’s a nice gradual climb to 10mph from a standstill but the torque curve after 10mph is amazing. For any Boosted Stealth rider, the Elofty will still take off faster than the Stealth on hyper mode from a standstill. 58Kv makes for uphills a breeze as well. I’ve had friends up to 230lbs ride this board and they loved the acceleration curve as well. Basically these Eloftys are all right. The motors are currently ran at 35A, -40A.

Deck : Landyachtz Evo 40
Enclosure : @Eboosted Evo 40 Single Stack
ESC : FSESC 6.6 Dual Plus (built-in anti spark)
Battery : @A13XR3 12S4P 21700 Samsung 40T
Remote : Flipsky VX2
Wheels : TB110 (Black)
Motors : Elofty Direct Drive 58Kv
Trucks : Unstacked DKP from Elofty DD Kit

13 Likes

Nice camera work on that gif bro!

Definitely want to see build pics :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

A-maz-ing.

1 Like

I was so distracted learning woodworking and chiseling so no photos were taken :persevere:. Have to waterseal the seams soon, I’ll grab photo inside photos.

Then next build with 4x4 coming very soon. I’ll have a ton of photos now that I know what I’m doing.

3 Likes

How do you like the dkp trucks with the Evo? Harsh ride with the stiff deck?

I unstacked the DKP because I am not just comfortable on them and never got used to DKP in the past.

With that, my risers are solid plastic and road bumps are fine just as you’d expect from a stiff deck. The TorqueBoards 110mm wheels take most of the grunt.

1 Like

Gotcha. You have a picture of the truck setup?

I wonder how to made the cells array

Hey Shane-bumped your account so you aren’t newbie limited with posting or messaging. Welcome!

1 Like

Perpendicular to the deck length.
First try:

Rewired to flip the BMS:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Exactly as @kook diagram shows.

There is a clearance trade off with unstacking the DKP. I ordered another 1/4" pad to give it comfortable clearance.

8 Likes

Appreciate it :call_me_hand:t2:

Nice job. Watch how many amps you throw at them. I’ve heard they get hot. Don’t wanna find that out when you have no brakes suddenly

1 Like