InfinitySink Development Thread - 2020 Community Influenced Universal Heatsink

EDIT October 12th 2020:

Purchase directly @ overheadelectric.com

Vendor thread coming soon

Edit September: Looks like people are interested in a universal heatsink, if there is enough interest in a universal one, I will make that.

Most likely these will be anodized black and the forum logo will be laser etched on the center fin

Sign up pls: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12bnihl_QjrkMm9mMHgMNk425s7BfS8oHStMAm6Dn5JE/edit?usp=sharing ~$60 bucks a piece

(upload://tBWWsjaxzrBHVJY4Lxoo9ieDn9G.jpeg)

![3|434x500, 75%]

End of edit.

Howdy, I was texted by one of the local guys for a TB6 heatsink, but I guess I did not follow up in a timely manner. I have been working on a few different designs, but did not want to take business from Longboardshort. Not sure if he is still making them or not, but I thought it would be okay for me to post now.

My prices are pretty high for custom stuff because it takes a lot of time and small amounts of material are expensive. If we can design one heatsink that I just have to mass machine, I can bring the price down.

I thought I would ask all of you for what you want to see in a heatsink for the new TB ESC. If I can incorporate features that yall want, I can stick to a single part and bring the price down.

here are two of the designs I worked on. I wouldn’t say they are perfect (at all, honestly fairly rough), but they are a good starting point. If we can get enough people on board, I can do a run on the haas, nice finish and very accurate.

21 Likes

They’re missing the forum logo :thinking::metal:

5 Likes

yep, I am about to post one with a nice blank space in the middle exactly for that!

If I get enough interest, I will buy a diamond drag bit and we can do the forum logo

2 Likes

this

and if possible, might as well make a universal heatsink that works for most esc that we uses (trampa / TB / stormcore(s) / unity / focbox…etc)

6 Likes

Yeah, I have been looking into that, mounting holes are just so different. I would be happy to make a heatsink with multiple hole patterns to support (trampa / TB / stormcore(s) / unity / focbox…etc)

4 Likes

One heatsink to rule them all!

10 Likes

yessir, I can do this. If people want it, I will do it.

7 Likes

What are we looking at price wise? Like for a dual focbox not Unity?

2 Likes

it really depends on quantity. It will not be a ton, I am reasonable lol

4 Likes

drag bit should be able to do that really nicely

17 Likes

I’d def but a couple of those.

8 Likes

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:
THIS

11 Likes

I’m out of money. Where do I sign up for 2 heatsinks

14 Likes

okay. if people can start providing hole patterns for the escs they want this to be compatible with, and can sign up, I am happy to do a production rn.

I will make a sheet, one sec

2 Likes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12bnihl_QjrkMm9mMHgMNk425s7BfS8oHStMAm6Dn5JE/edit?usp=sharing

This might be the most basic sheet I have ever made, but here lmao

4 Likes

Access requested

1 Like

fixed

1 Like

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12bnihl_QjrkMm9mMHgMNk425s7BfS8oHStMAm6Dn5JE/edit?usp=sharing

@mmaner if you wouldn’t mind putting your name down, that would be great!

3 Likes

For dual focbox does this help?

1 Like

okay, it looks like we are getting somewhere lmao. After we get a good few more sign ups I can definitely do a run on the haas with some chamfers and faced surfaces and stuff.

2 Likes