Cherry Angio | 31.5" Old School Pig | Xenith 2.1 | 12s2p P42A | Dual FSBH 6354 190kv |

Sr Pepe’s are also great wheels from what I hear

These look cool, color seems really close to a match but, I’m not a fan of the white walls. PM sent.

Wrapped the motors, attached mr60 adapters and added braided mesh sleeves.

3 Likes

Nice. Definitely doing things right.

It looks like it judging by the thickness - but just to be sure - make sure you’re using marine heat shrink (glue lined) on the adapter connection point. Can easily be found at harbor freight for cheap. Heating until a bit of glue squeezes out each end is best practice.

1 Like

Figured the stock DKP bushings would be sufficient for my target top speed, ~30mph.

But ultimately, I gave into that nagging thought and upgraded the bushings.

Now that black on black on black on black theme is slowly fading.

This setup looks like it can handle much more speed than the stock cones and barrels.

Loaded sent the 75mm wheels instead of the 85mm.

97s came in from Mboards, added Beasto built-in bearings. The wheels are not as wide as the meepo wheels and now she’s a hair less wide at the wheels.

My initial plan was to shave, dye or paint the white off these wheels but they’re kinda reflective. This would be helpful for being seen at night.

1 Like

Wrapped the inside of the Mboards enclosure in gorilla tape and added some foam to the sides and bottom.

Now the battery has a nice snug bed to protect it from the world.

5 Likes

The board is ~20lbs and has some flex for me at 165lbs. The tail is kinda hard to use atm but I’m expecting grip tape may change that.

2 Likes

Put down a simple design for the shorter deck. I think it’s fitting.

5 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

I wanted to see how changing DKP into TKP would effect the build.

First off, while reverse mounted, the motor mounts would not clear the deck. Forward mounted the motors would not clear the enclosure.

Second, the ride height was reduced by half an inch. Doesn’t sound like a lot but the board looked like a low rider.

Lastly, the truck wheelbase was reduced by ~2.5 inches. A 22.5" truck wheelbase is common on short boards this size.

It would have been nice to experiment between DKP and TKP on the same setup but the positioning of the enclosure doesn’t allow for it. I really wanted to compare the shorter, lower TKP setup to the longer, taller DKP setup.

If only I could keep the longer truck wheelbase while lowering the ride height.

2 Likes

I prefer 15 - 16" wheelbase (bolt to bolt)

1 Like

This is my first short board so my virgin ass will like anything.

2 Likes

Added a USB C extension.

The dust plug stays in there snug.

Now the enclosure is ready for bed liner.

2 Likes

when I had my Bamstoke board running I found it pretty hard to use the tail.

may be because of the placement of the DKP.

The Evolve stoke adds always made it look so easy.
I wonder if they had a better mix of weight and wheel base than I did.

it still carved super crazy because of the DKP and being up high…

It was an interesting ride.

2 Likes

This is the impression I’m currently getting from this setup.

How do you think a setup like this would work if it were drop thru?

1 Like

Finally got the board in working order and took it out on it’s maiden voyage. The short wheelbase and dkp felt as maneuverable one would expect. It’s awesome.

I was able to get up to ~28mph while feeling uncomfortable loose at the trucks. I wasn’t sure if a 33mph top speed was too much but now I’m certainly optimistic she’ll do it easily. With the battery gauge not currently working, I got ~19 miles before I gave up on range.

The extra clearance, portability and maneuverability of this setup sometimes make me wonder if this jack of all trades build is the only board I’d need…

7 Likes

Sweet dude.
It is a different ride isnt it.

Definitely can move.

You know. If you are really going to take this all over you may like the MAD wheels on there from @fujio001

They are actually 101 not 105 so won’t seem that much taller.

And the grip is nuts dude. Good dampening too.

I bet it be way cushier than those 97s

5 Likes

You’re reading my mind. These are the main wheels I’d think to upgrade to.

3 Likes