Charger not charging board after new motor replacement. Charger shows green light as being charged but out of juice. Is there a battery setting in VESC tool? Thanks guys

Charger not charging board after new motor replacement. Charger shows green light as being charged but board is out of juice. Is there a battery setting in VESC tool? Any help much appreciated! Thanks guys

1 Like

Is it possible you knocked a connection loose when you were swapping the motor?

I double checked that and am not seeing any loose connections with the enclosure removed but good idea thanks

Your ESC has nothing to do with your battery charging

The bms could be rejecting a charge. I would be thoroughly inspecting all your battery connections and checking individual cell voltages through the balance harness.

1 Like

Thank you all for your input. Its fixed now. Not exactly sure why or how it happened but someone told me to download that xiouxiou app or whatever its called, you know what I mean. I paid the 7 bucks and I forgot exactly what he did on there but it suddenly started charging again. So its interesting bc even though it had nothing to do w/ the vesc tool, the vesc tool was the last thing I messed w/ before I noticed this issue. I hv no idea and its killing me!

I have the same bms in my board and once my board wouldn’t charge.
The charger clicked on and off.
I then opened the app, connected to the bms and all of a sudden the board charged again :man_shrugging:t2:

Thoroughly assess*

3 Likes

Yes, now mine is not charging again and like yours, the charger is clicking on and off and getting codes. The battery shows fully charged in xiao & stormcore app and shows green light on charger again but it is not fully charged.

• a MOSFET software locked alarm
    and also:
  • A cell over voltage protection alarm