Current Forum Rules (SERIOUS)

Yes, should absolutely be present and part of the title. I’ll clarify that as well. You’re on it!

2 Likes

Here’s the edit.

2 Likes

I like this rule - if PM were meant to be shared there would be a SHARE button on them :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder: Us mods are going to have a little learning curve with these new rules as well. If we slip up somewhere, please feel free to constructively let us know; PM’s are a great solution for that. No one on the Mod team thinks they are exempt from the rules, so any action that may come across as so is surely unintentional.

Constructively is the key word, up there. Like i’ve said before, help us help you. If theres a suggestion, an improvement, or any criticism, please let us know constructively so that we can keep improving.

Okay thats all.

[P.S. - I’ve somehow become mod, so my going rate for bribes is gonna have to increase a little. You know where to find me.]

12 Likes

This actually happened, yes.

if 90% of the content here is misogynistic, homophobic, racially motivated or overtly political than something is wrong here and it needs to be fixed. We’re supposed to be bridging those gaps with our love of esk8, not further defining them and allowing them to divide us. Believe it or not, we have lost funding over this kind of stuff.

Well said. And being part of a community makes it more difficult to police it from a number of angles. And its a thankless, difficult job with no pay, so I’d like to see a lot more mod appreciation from the mob in general.

19 Likes

Great point @Zach ! We’re all here to help.

9 Likes

It would be a huge help if everyone could please flag posts that break the rules posted here. Mods are standing by to help resolve issues like this.

15 Likes

Problem is to sort between real issues and supposedly jokes as we don’t all have the same sense of humor…

And won’t talk for him but I think that is what @malJohann was talking about when he said “That’s cuts into 90% of a lot of regulars’ discussion”

6 Likes

Also true in the real world, though. But that’s also why we have the flag system. Anything that feels wrong to anyone can be flagged.

2 Likes

This makes a great point. If anyone is offended by something said to them, pull a flag. If it doesn’t bother you, let it stand.

2 Likes

But in the real world, we can punch in the face a bastard who goes too far and/or tell him to gtfo and/or we can gtfo, so he maybe can understand his error. In this forum, it’s not possible and some people don’t care to be gently reprimand and will do it again (at least it is what I noted here).

You don’t care about my life and you’re right doing so but I almost left this forum because of this. Was a time, not really long ago (few months), almost all was bad jokes and non-esk8-related bullshits in this forum and many people noticed it and talked about it here (and even on some WhatsApp group where I saw some EU people reluctant to come back here because of it. Didn’t you notice some people are not active anymore here but were a lot more before ?)

But it’s better now, still a lot of jokes I don’t like but it’s my fault on those ones :wink:

8 Likes

It may be shocking to realize, but it will happen again. If you look at builders you will notice that when winter begins and people can’t skate they get bitchy.

18 Likes

No, you’re right about this, which is why we took steps to make this a more balanced place and push the majority of the messing around to designated spaces like the lounge. We also brought out (SERIOUS) and Derail Jail to help gain a better balance. If you remember, Damon released this in October as well:

We’ve also made strides towards being a stronger resource with a huge push from everyone, and I see that continuing with the Master List getting more filled out and people posting tutorials.

Mistakes in direction were made, and action was taken. We’ll no doubt have course corrections from time-to-time. Part of that will come from people like yourself raising your hand and telling it like it is. All we ask is that you give us time and feedback.

Now, all that said, we will probably never arrive at a place where 1694 people agree that everything is exactly to their liking. All we can do is try.

12 Likes

You do realise that was half tongue in cheek, right? But do think of all the jokes being made, some of which thick-skinned-me sometimes wonder if they aren’t a little bleeding-edge offensive.

2 Likes

Except your joke was also a fairly accurate assessment of what i’ve seen over the last several months and we’re trying to turn that around.

its like saying “damn! that dude’s dead! lol” when dude actually is in fact dead.

9 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

exactly. If I wasn’t so stunningly gorgeous people might take me more seriously. Unfortunately everyone thinks beautiful people are stupid by default. Guess i need to street my face a few more times.

Now get back on topic before Bill shows up and throws us both in jail.

8 Likes

I feel your pain.

@BillGordon. Thanks for getting all this down and out there. Clear and concise as always.

We will do our best to follow these guidelines.

Guys please try to remember that what we do as a mod team is help you and help grow this place into a great resource. It can be very thankless at times but i am sure that if we work together we can make this place the foremost esk8 forum on the net.

11 Likes

Just joined. Your time given is awesome. Thanks.

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes