Cell balancing question

I have a question about my cells on a Trampa PCB.

Below is the current condition of the cells.

They are close to the 4.2v. is it okay to use them when they aren’t up to the full voltage? What does it mean if I were to use them at below 4.2v?

I can do all the mechanical stuff with esk8 but the whole electric stuff ie electrical terms confuses me so bear with my noobness.

1 Like

Its fiiiiine.

Yes you can use your battery. Liion cells charger to 4.2 max for safe use, I would recomend if you have a way of not charging them to 4.2 but to 4.15ish it will extend your battery life. And they are not supposed to go below 3v I generaly don’t let mine ren below 3.3 also for battery health reasons.

1 Like

Ah okay, seems to kinda make sense. So if all 84 cells (12s7p) were at 3v the overall battery would be 0%? Trying to figure that in my head now! :joy:

1 Like

Correct! 3v = 0%, 4.2v =100% all of your capacity is in-between there

It’s starting to make a bit of sense. I wish it did more. Building a DIY mountain board atm and the electrics scared me so I panicked and bought a stock Trampa :joy:

1 Like

Its a good battery and a great bms. Should last you a while

That’s what I’m hoping! It’s been so much fun this far. Had a Boosted Board and a Baja before. The Baja was crap and the Boosted fun but they have nothing on this!

How do you get this readout with the VESC Tool app? I’m not getting that live telemetry from my app on the BMS tab.

1 Like

Cells degrade when they are in absolute limits, if you go to 4.1v, max 3.5v min, ish but obviously you loose overall
Capacity.