Buttonless FS antispark idea

So today I woke up and I felt like using my brain, and I decided that the large power button flipsky uses is annoying, so I have an idea to propose.

Most of us are using charge only BMS setups even though most of us are using a BMS that is capable of discharging like 20ish amps.

After some probing and some thinking, I figured that the people with a smart BMS could use the discharge toggle in the app to actually turn our boards on and off, and here’s how. (just note I may have totally fucked up and I may just be completely wrong here)

This is an older diagram that I made, but after probing the antispark it seems that the voltage going to the actual button itself is the 30-50v battery voltage, which means we may be able to skip a relay entirely. Once again, I’m just a kid that had an idea, and this may totally not work which would be mildly embarrassing.

From what I understand, the antispark itself is a normally open switch that closes when the button is pushed in. The current coming from the discharge portion of the BMS would be plenty to close the antispark, turning the entire board on from an existing mobile app.

As I know bms is normally closed, so that would make the relay as well?

Also there’s already switched with push to start so…

1 Like

This is just an idea for people that have flip sky anti-sparks. I’m thinking about doing this because I don’t like drilling holes in enclosures.

The point of the relay would be if the button circuit needed a different voltage, which a relay would allow the bms to control the antispark circuit while letting it use a different voltage.