Budget helmets....I know I know

That the one klaus helped you source? What size head do you have? It that an L/XL helmet?

It is.
About 61-62cm. This is the l/lx.

1 Like

That’s a hell of a price cut, do they really sell for that msrp elsewhere?

https://m.lightinthebox.com/en/p/open-face-adults-men-s-motorcycle-helmet-best-quality-breathable_p7375658.html?prm=1-2.5.1.2&cid=1

I almost bought for halloween ride I wouldnt trust over 30Km/hr

2 Likes

That is so cool :star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

It was designed for snowboarding as you know. I can recommend you this for the hotter days.

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?channable=e78313.MjYxMTYwNjk4&ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/IXS-XACT-Downhill-Helmet/SubProducts/IXS-XACT-Downhill-Helmet-0003&Locale=de_DE&gclid=CjwKCAiAws7uBRAkEiwAMlbZjh3hgt1yNFDJcKGMISOCDWsrM_G36MGSHlFYVXXeECPxwAthYS6XkxoCqXcQAvD_BwE

I meant wouldnt sorry

1 Like

Aren’t all helmets supposed to do that? I mean when they are released to the market they pass some tests right? And a $35 helmet also passes the same tests(when comparing helmets in the same class)

1 Like

For the Ruroc, you are paying ( way too much ) for the look and hype. I bought into it when MichaelInVegas had an ok deal with them two years ago. The goggles went straight into the box, never to be used because visibility sucks with them. I prefer my TSG since I’ve gotten hit in the face with bugs riding without a visor.

10 Likes

Exactly. Unfortunately people think more money more safe. And some of the regular kinda feed that to the newbies. Safety aspect totally depends on what ratings they have passed. Nothing else.

5 Likes

not DIY, but meepo and ownboard has their blackfriday deals available now

Meepo is laughable at 8-9% off select pre-builts
Ownboard is pretty decent at 15-30% off

2 Likes

I’ve found this out the hard way as well. The S1 Lifer Retro is actually the helmet I grab the most…

despite having a RuRoc and having had a TSG Pass previously

3 Likes

Yicks! That S1 is definitely an acquired taste in terms of aesthetics. I usually go for my Bell Super 3R, TSG is only used when I plan on riding on street level bike lanes or when it’s cold (very rare here). If I ever get a vespa like scooter, then the S1 would match (look wise, not DOT). also Wizard has the glittery S1

1 Like

Not even sure if this is true… vision is severely limited on a ruroc compared to my oakley flight decks…

2 Likes

But it feels good on your head, you can see and hear, it wicks sweat away very well, and has ventilation holes. And the chin strap is easy to use. Fuck D-rings.

3 Likes

Ruroc doesn’t have the basic bike/skate test certification to be sold in the United States as a skate/bike helmet. They can sell it as a snow helmet but the snow certification doesn’t test for “curbstone.” There’s a $10 helmet that has the certification- but Ruroc doesn’t.

4 Likes

What a joke of a helmet.

1 Like

Are these certifications not good enough for Ruroc? I agree with the limited visibility, especially with the goggles, though.

“Snow, Skate & Cycle approved. (EN1077A, EN1078, ASTM F2040)”

+1 for the s1 retro lifer. Feels super comfy then again I don’t have too much experience with other helmets but still I love mine. Also I wear mine with a ski mask on it which some may argue visibility I’d impaired but having a tinted one for sunny days is nice and the looks are a plus.

1 Like

Tsg is on my list for this year. What’s the difference between regular and the pass?

1 Like