Broken SL1000 wanted [US]

I have an SL1000 on hand that isn’t wanting to work but I think I found the issue on the pcb. I’m wanting to buy a broken SL1000 in order to fix the one I already have by harvesting parts. Also willing to buy non-broken one if I can’t find anybody with a broken one and/or the price is right.

“Show me what you’ve got” - giant alien head thingy

2 Likes

What parts are broken on it specifically? common parts can be bought on Amazon or on Digikey (if you are okay waiting a week for them to arrive Digikey is usually cheaper) If it is a chip, then most of them have text on them that should identify the part for you with the help of a magnifying glass, or you could just post a photo and circle to part and see if anyone else can check theirs for a part number if you can’t read it on the one you have.

I harvest parts from broken devices so I’m not against using stuff for the parts btw. Just wanted to give some other options that may be way cheaper and faster for you.

It’s a small inductor. I can’t tell what kind it is cause it pretty much just burned the surface off so any indication of the part number is long gone.

I think it would still be a good idea to upload a photo to the beginner thread and see if anyone can check what the same part is on their SL1000 if it is labeled at all. but also I have no idea how much the SL1000 costs new. If it is normally cheap then maybe it is cheaper to buy a broken one for parts You will likely have to wait until tomorrow when more people are on before you can get an answer though

1 Like

I’ll probably do that whenever I’m at home with the light

1 Like

I have an SL-1000 that has a broken S-Lock but the light is still good, wanna buy that? I’ve just been using it as a normal rechargable flashlight

How much are you wanting for it?

@ZachTetra

1 Like

$40 to your door?

1 Like

I’ll do it

@xsynatic please close

Thank you