Brodown 4wd MTB build

Hey guys, long time lurker here followed a heap of builds on here and admired everyone’s work which helped me on my first two builds

Thought I’d share this next one back to you all, decided I need a MTB cause I keep seeing all these epic tracks around my area and the other decks I have are all too low

Gathered most of the bits and pieces now to get it all together just need to sort out a box for the batteries and escs.
Took some advice from people IV talked to and cut the batteries down a bit, still going to be heavy no doubt
Not sure what route I’ll take for that yet I’m thinking I’ll need to learn to fibreglass for a box.
as I haven’t really seen anything in the size of need

Board specs will be;
Haero Bro 96 deck
Etoxx helical gears 1/4
Torque boards 6380 motors
MBS metal matrix trucks
MBS F5 footstraps
Tattu 6s 14000mah lipos in 12s2p configuration
Maker X Dv6 at the heart of it

Will update as it comes along, if anyone sees something that needs addressing or I could do better let me know I always love learning better methods

22 Likes

Holy shit, this build is going to be insane!

Getting a nice top mount box isn’t that hard, what is the size of each battery?

1 Like

Lol this is pretty much exactly what my MTB build is going to be but with a different battery

3 Likes

Looks like haero is rapidly picking up! Great choice!

1 Like

What kv motors did you get?

It’s going to need to be about 250x 220x 110mm to fit it all in
I can find stuff about 300 hundred long and probably cut it down but yea not having to much luck

Hopefully it’ll put down the torque pretty well will be primarily for off-road so fingers crossed
Would love to get a set of the etoxx rims to run 9 inch wheels though haha

1 Like

190 kV should get me close to a top speed of 72km

2 Likes

What’s your weight my dude?

Very similar setups, I don’t see many other people picking higher end kvs to enjoy speed as well as some torque :metal:

2 Likes

Should be sweet with 4wd. Will suck offroad if for some reason you ever have to drop back to 2wd :man_facepalming:

1 Like

98kg, not sure where the boards going to come in at just yet.
IV got a craze for speed haha built a stooge board for the roads and couldn’t really trade for much less than 65 haha I’m hoping it does all I want

2 Likes

Praying it has some reliability haha
Getting it up and running then going to battle harden the motors to make some peace of mind

Will have another backup haero deck in 2wd to be super light for other stuff but I haven’t even got into what motor and gearing it’ll have yet
This tanked my budget till I sell the Lacroix

2 Likes

Made some progress this arvy with the etoxx drives and fitting wheels
One of the threads in the mbs trucks was non existent for the bolt but an easy fix nonetheless

Does anyone use the padded risers that come with them? Are they there to protect the deck a little or would I be feeling more response without them fitted. At no cost to deck integrity that is I hope

Had the puppy trying to build a obstacle course for me with all her destruction :sweat_smile:
One day the digging and chewing will stop surely :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

I’ve always used the deck pads to protect the deck. It’s tightened down enough that I doubt you’d feel a difference with them off.

2 Likes

Dude nice ride :star_struck:

1 Like

I always use the rubber risers on all my build. They help smooth the vibration off too

2 Likes

Nice build, the muts nuts…

1 Like

Thanks

Absolute killer build. I made a something not too dissimilar. I have a 12s6p 21700 p42a pack. Smaller 6355 motors.

9 Likes