Bring out your dead! Motors that is! :D

What are you using as your filler? I have some 2 part casting mix with a reasonably low viscosity that I was tempted to try with for the stator, but additives for improving thermal conductivity without lowering electrical conductivity seem a bit boutique.

glass microspheres

1 Like

Oh, that’s easy enough.

Since I’m at an (un?)fortunate lack of busted motors, I’m looking forward to your teardowns and walkthrough!

Bkb 6374 aka sk3 with sensors.

1 Like

Anyone has a dead Maytech 6374 but with an ok can? We have one shattered epoxy can that’s not worth to glue back in place.

Hope it’s ok that I also asked the same as you here akhlit. I’m in Sweden and is looking for scraped smaller motors like in the 50xx range. Started to read up alot about motor design and want to try and make a motor of my own from scratch.

1 Like

Maybe we can get together in the fall and figure out an assembly line type thing and you can start doing battle hardened motors with some engraved stuff on the cans :grin: People would eat that shit up.

I do like the idea of the battle hardening tutorial.

1 Like

Is the can still good? And are you willing to sell and ship to the Netherlands?

Im keeping the can for a spare. I still run the bkb 6374 on my second build

Good choice. I’d do the same.

1 Like

Got this Tacon 160 Bigfoot I got from @hummieee a while ago. Complete but dissasembled can from stattor with only one missing bearing but in mint condition. Fine monster motor. Need it?

1 Like