Brently’s Lacroixs a tale of two Prototipos

When are your motors coming in?

I’m just finishing up my battery in my proto and I’ll be riding hopefully by Friday when my motors come in.

1 Like

fuck yeah dude! can’t wait to see that thing done. I’m hoping I get them in the next month. We were supposed to get them around now but Maytech has claimed delays based on the virus. Supposedly a 2 week delay so I’m guessing that means a monthish.

These APS 6384 170kvs don’t suck tho. I’m used to this pack geared for 44mph on 200kv motors. This is geared for 35mph on 170kvs.

2 Likes

6396’s came in, they’re pretty… pretty heavy

Lil APS 6384 v2 side by side:

Before and after:

Had to make some extenders:

Carnage from carelessness:

Fun fact, when you run 18T motor pulleys with 10mm bore on hypers using 430 belts the mounts are flush and there is no need to tension them:

Stool pics:

9 Likes

Where can I get one of these decks?

2 Likes

They are out of production. You’ve got to find someone who is willing to take all of your money for one.

@Brently New motors look fresh :ok_hand: Will be interested to hear how they compare to the open APS cans.

4 Likes

they’re smooooooth man and quieter, I upped my batt continuous and motor amps this thing flys like never before!

3 Likes

Someone’s got to be able to clone those priceless decks?? The OG Prototipos are amazing but super hard to find And super expensive

1 Like

I’m sure it’ll happen, @Arch did let slip in his recent interview that there would be another shorter deck added to the lacroix line up in the future, after they’re done going crazy with 50mph 18S Nazares. Wouldn’t be surprised if they bring the proto back, its got a cult like following (including myself) sips kool-aid

3 Likes

I am a purveyor of fine Kool-Aid’s myself. Would you like a glass of this vintage 1977 Grape? It’s quite refreshing :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

Hell yeah. Another proto like deck from Lacroix would be awesome.

By far I think prototipo is best deck I’ve ever owned Hands down

5 Likes

depends, hows the tannin count? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

A deck so nice I bought it twice! Gotta give the other one some love soon. Dunno what yet. Right now its a dead reliable back up.

4 Likes

The current batch is qualified with the following formula…

190KV + 12s5p + 6in Wheels = Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have sender stamp a bigol’ butterfly on it. It’ll be cute

3 Likes

Thats a good time. I’ll think I may slap the 6.5’'s on my shelf on the 10s gear’d board.

you just gave me an idea - death head moth would be kinda metal:

3 Likes

No skulls allowed

1 Like

Or anime :laughing:

1 Like

Sailor moon :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Did a thing on the 10s board. Patty’s and Kaly’s new barrels. Combo is choice👌🏻 Smooth as hell and the car guy in me loves the new dish on the superstars.

13 Likes

Wow, the new wheel and tyre combo looks sicckkkk!

2 Likes