Boundmotor Octopus Kit. My journey build.

Hello guys… Here is my Boundmotor Octopus Kit. This is my second build. It was really hard to do since 84 cells is alot to spot weld. I might do a revision on this board because it is to much power. My issues…

1. Speed wobble
  2. I need to fix the speed mode. I was doing 27 mph on low mode.lol
    3)I need new bushings for my weight(280lbs). I have Caliber Truck clone 218mm.
  3. New wheels.

Pics:

11 Likes

Getting wider trucks will help a little with speed wobbles. It won’t solve it but you should be able to achieve about 30mph if your skill level is that high. I was hitting mid 40s on 230mm rpk. No wobbles.

You can also try tightening the kingpin nut more. Though you start sacrificing maneuverability.

2 Likes

Get rear adjustable base plate, lower the angle, and be more stable…on the rear only.

1 Like

Pivot cups and bushings dialed in will make a WORLD of difference. I’d start there before shelling for the adjustable baseplate. Might be all you need!
Nice battery build btw!

Where do you get your bushings at? Im going to start cheap before i buy new trucks and stuff. Thanks.

1 Like

Who has it? Who sell them?

1 Like

Tightening my trucks doesnt work. Currently, the bushings is deform. Lol

1 Like

I need new wheels guys? I mostly ride on the street if you want a idea.

I run a bound octopus on BN270s with adjustable baseplates and riptide bushings - I’d start by getting some nice riptide bushings and pivot cups, those are the biggest difference for the lowest cost. Adjustable baseplates are nice, but not strictly necessary - a set of split angle fixed baseplates can work and is significantly cheaper, as well as being height matched out of the box unlike adjustables. Wider hangers can help, but they also cost quite a bit.

1 Like

Verreal Mad Wheels - 105mm diameter, fairly grippy thane and good wear characteristics
Momentum Hollow Wheels - Can’t speak too much to them as i dont own a set.

2 Likes

As stated by others, riptide bushings. There’s a thread here, search bushing setup and you should find. The owner of @RipTideSports goes on from time to time and gives great recommendations based on your specs. Be sure to read through, your questions might have already been answered. And then you’ll know how to format your post if need be. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How do you go with the ground clearance?

I’m using this risers. No issue with my 97mm wheels…

1 Like