Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Just get them and you can sell them to me :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Man. That’s such a good idea :thinking:

5 Likes

You can dial them in then you can sell them to me :wink:

3 Likes

I hope these are reversible because I bought a dual with the intention of using both on the left side :rofl:

@Boardnamics mentioned that they don’t have chirality

4 Likes

Got my order in and doing my happy dance. I’m so happy i don’t even care that I can’t reverse mount them.

4 Likes

Just to link these threads, the official sale thread has appeared

3 Likes

What i would like to see that data then…

3 Likes

with all due respect, this gear drive design looks very alike 3dServicas on the outside.

1 Like

they share most of the same parts in the same places, if you want to see a ripoff look at the TB tires situation…

someone should put a 3DS sticker on them and try to sell them on ebay for $300 :face_with_head_bandage:

5 Likes

Gear drives look like gear drives, homie.

19 Likes

Bahahaha

5 Likes

Thank god it doesn’t look like a trampa gear drive right :rofl:

16 Likes

With alll due respect, you are 100% wrong in thinking 3ds gear drives are anything like these boardnamics gear drives. I have both 3ds geardrives and these and they are not even close to similar.

I can go into detail if needed but im lazy and honestly would prefer not to

(Edit: read it again and I came off a little like a dick, not my intention)

8 Likes

This is my design, looks the same too, thats just what happens…

7 Likes

dont worry - not my intention to be a dick also. If you read my comment, i said “on the outside is very much alike”…thats all i said. Obviously 3dservisas was a big inspiration to say the least. On the inside, i but Boardnamics made a great job.

If you take Avio, MoonDrives, Trampa, Kaly, EToxx, they have differences on the design, and they are all gear drives.

I would put them side by side in a image, but i am also too lazy for that.

#peace

1 Like

You get this shape when you want the least weight, which he needs since he runs steel gears, while keeping least amount of room around the teeth, so that less grease can be used.

7 Likes

There’s only so much you can do with a small form factor gear drive.

11 Likes

Idk I wouldn’t need to look at any gear drive to come up with the shape that BN one has, probably just coincidence

I feel like I don’t actually see that many 3dservisas ones vs other gear drives

3 Likes

Still don’t see the 44t Kegel pulleys in the website.

1 Like

Pins are not here yet, sorry :grimacing:

These puppies are dying to be used on big wheels :pensive:

7 Likes