Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Went back to 220mm hangar for now. It may be possible to correct it by changing the motor angle. I just didn’t feel like opening up my drives again at the time.

1 Like

Sorry for being a bit late, but yes, I am. This is my exact setup. Did you get it figured out?

1 Like

No worries. I have plenty of assembly work to do, so I was going to run the gear drives in the “parallel to ground” position and see how bad the ground clearance is before grinding the baseplates.

What angle do you have the gear drives set at? Were you able to angle them towards the deck?

1 Like

I’m running parallel to ground, or maybe 1 step closer to the deck. I wasn’t able to angle them closer to the deck, especially since I’m on an LY Evo 40", so the angle of the deck messes with it a bunch. My ground clearance has been fine for the most part

1 Like

Just wanted to pop in and say everything is ordered and coming first week of April (really hope so)
M1-AT drives
M1-S (helical version street drives)
Matrix 2 mounts
Adjustable Baseplates
More hangers of all sizes!
Press-fit pulleys
6384 motors.

I am out of almost everything at the moment, sad times :frowning:

16 Likes

:eyes:

All sizes??? :question: :question: :question: :question:

:eyes: :eyes:

6 Likes

Yep, very limited run of 145s.

15 Likes

!!!

3 Likes

Does this include spare helicals to swap out the current M1GD straight cuts?

1 Like

Yes it does. I got a bunch for those who wish to swap. Also ships with the button head screws since the hex is shallow and its worth having fresh ones. It’s a good 7 cents to spend.

They’re Mod .8. Introducing M8 drive :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

What about clamps :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

1 Like

What’s the process for switching out the motor pinion? Just get a heat gun out and wait till the loctite smokes?

4 Likes

Put me down for a fresh hot set

2 Likes

Yes, but not too hot. Also try your best to shield the motor from the heat. Maybe some aluminum foil. I never point the torch flame towards the gear. I hit it from the side. You know its too hot when stuff starts turning different colors.

2 Likes

Would you settle for a cool old pair?

1 Like

Haha, any chance you got some 10mm pinions made? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For which drive? I am thinking 10mm pinions on the AT version since motors are generally bigger on MTB.

Adding pinion options is very easy on my side but the cost to produce them gets nasty.

4 Likes

They sell these with both options so having just 8mm bore would be the most versatile

10mm not bad though

2 Likes

10mm street is what I am thinking, but yeah AT makes sence

2 Likes

Only need a swap helical gear set x2, helical full geardrive kit 270 x2 and I should be done with my biggest money sink board yet.

2 Likes