Lastly, using Esk8 calculator, running a 6374 230kv motor with a 36-16T gear ratio and 97mm wheels, I should be getting a top speed of around 35 mph, but I only got about 30 max. Weird because I was running Orangatang kegels a week ago (on different TB mounts though) and I hit 30 mph with those using the same setup. Any suggestions/solutions?
@Boardnamics Kevin, would you be able to help with any of this?
I know this is a long post but I would appreciate the help! Still a rookie at this but I’m learning!
From my aerospace level simulation software(not really), I can tell you are running a 320mm belt. A 315mm belt will make the idler engage less and clear the wheel. I also have a button head M8 bolt instead of the Cap screw one.
As for the speed not being as quick, that is strange. You should be hitting low 30s. Unless the belt is scraping badly, it should not lower your top speed. I can tell what tension you’re running if you press hard on the side of the belt with no idler.
@Boardnamics really ended up loving these mounts bruv. On thane and rattling roads I half expected them to come loose once in a while. Nope. No loctite or anything. Everything is still tight and true after maybe 100miles. Great job!
I ran 1 bearing and had some issues with it. 2 bearings just clear the wheel with some adjustment and added spacers. I think I’ll get a button head bolt and some 315mm belts, and I shouldn’t have any issues with clearance.
315mm belts as you know, and throw 1-2 more speed rings on the axle before the wheel and that will give u a bit more space and keep the belt from rubbing the wheel which i assume is happening and then u can still rock 2 bearings.