BN 6384s w/ BN 270mm hangars (HELP)

Hey there, having some trouble with BN 6384 motors & BN 270mm hangars. I don’t seem to have enough clearance between the baseplate and the motors. Did I do something wrong? Advice?

Can’t mount the motors the other direction because they touch the baseplate.

First time posting, sorry if I did something wrong!

2 Likes

Can you use a different angle for the gear drives or baseplates?

2 Likes

Adjusting the baseplate angle doesn’t fix the issue. I haven’t tried adjusting the gear drive angle – I bought it assembled, so I really don’t want to have to open it up and adjust things… but that may be the only solution

2 Likes

If these are M1 drives they will only work forward mounted and at certain angles.

4 Likes

I am using the m1 AT drives, but stacking washers sadly wouldn’t do the trick

1 Like

Gotcha, sorry I’ll be no help, I only know the thane drives.

3 Likes

Can you show the whole drivetrain? Axle nut to axle nut wide.

2 Likes

Honestly ur solution is simple,mount ur truck after u gotten ur desired baseplate degree on front and rear. Open up the gear boxes one by one and remove the gear box angle adjustment screws to move the gear box in a proper space that they wont lean and touch anything. U have more then enough space with the hanger and baseplate to achieve this. Ik u bought em preassembled but just cause u did doesn’t mean its gonna work outta the box for ur particular setup. u wouldve been better off buying fully assembled if u was gonna use apex airs/lunas or matrix air II as those trucks will have fixed angles and be on emtb decks generally (doesn’t mean u cant use them on longboard decks tho) with tons of space at the nose and tail to be just attached without changing angle.

2 Likes

I mean I bought the entire setup from Kevin pre-assembled… it’s all his brand. Boardnamics hangars, baseplates, motors and drives. I think it’s fair to have expected it to come ready to go and adjusted accordingly when I paid extra for assembly. If I was using a combination of different brand products it would make more sense.

Regardless, Kevin is looking at the CAD file to see what can be done. I think you’re right though and I will just have to end up adjusting the angle unfortunately.

It’s pretty easy to adjust the angle of the gear drives, just 6 bolts

2 Likes

I wonder what type of loctite Kevin used to assemble. I guess it can’t be anything too permanent cause I’ll need to regrease etc

The angle can be adjusted without any disassembly. I imagine he used blue on those screws

1 Like

Good to know, I was under the impression that I had to remove all the gears in order to adjust the angle

No you do not, you can even do it without taking the wheel off. Just need to loosen the wheel a little and then you can do the adjustment

1 Like

Hey, you’re the guy who made the disassembly video! Appreciate that, there’s very little BN content out right now.

1 Like

Haha yes I am, my set was the first production set ever installed, I did it with Kevin

Of course, the video has done quite well haha. On my shortboard I’m intending to use the M1 drives and will probably do a video assembling those too

1 Like

Probably a good idea, I’m planning to do an in-depth review of these AT drives once I get this board up and running. Gear drives need more publicity!

1 Like

dang a shortboard with m1s would be a rocket, what motors?

Most likely some BN 6355’s

Loaded Omakase

2 Likes

Looking forward to that vid, been trying to decide what setup to go with for my next flexy street build. I think m1s with 6355s would be a great combo.

1 Like