BMS reccomendations

Hey everyone, I’m coming back to my skateboard after neglecting it for about 4 years and I wanted to do it right this time so I’m making a 10s2p li-ion battery pack and I was looking for a good BMS. also I’ve seen a bunch of people saying they are bypassing the discharge and I’m kinda confused if someone could help me out that would be great!

Bypassing means the power goes straight from the cells to the ESC, discharge means the power goes through the BMS first so it will cut off if the voltage is too low or the current is too high

Edit: discharge is safer for the cells since they are less likely to get damaged, but bypass is safer for you since the BMS will cut all power if something triggers it and you wouldn’t have any brakes if you needed them

If you want I have an old BMS that I haven’t used in a while (the pack it was on got scrapped since the cells were low capacity)…I’d ship it for $20 if you want, it doesn’t look great but it works, or at least it did last time it was in use

1 Like

this bms is a really great and realiable one and if u get the 35a it is even compact so it fits everywhere

1 Like

Thanks for the information that was really helpful! im not sure if ill need that BMS from you now but i may end up buying from you soon thanks alot!

1 Like

thanks for the help!

1 Like

I don’t use any BMS,… but use high quality cells ,… never had a problem with 3 boards.

… read about many problems bms have caused though.