Blue Dream | 39" Demonseed | Go-FOC D75 | 12s4p P42A | FSBH 6374 190kv

Yea I figured it was nothing. I’m really hoping these minor tares came from physically testing my vesc before shipment.

1 Like

:rofl: i think you can rest assured that that didnt happen.

The unity is a great motor controller. But it has one huge flaw. The antispark failure is a really common problem. Most of the time you can get around the failure by just using a loop key. But sometimes it fails in a way that just will not allow you to turn it on.

2 Likes

Yeah no need to buy a stormcore before you’ve even turned the Tenka on to test it, but as future advice: don’t buy it or the Unity. Plenty of options nowadays from reliable vendors.

2 Likes

Tenka has a different construction method to the unity due to the potting and it is yet to be seen how this affect reliability over time. it could be worse but equally it could be better. I can imagine that the big caps in particular will be better for the added support and these were known to cause many failures on the unity. But it also has thermal affects that are so far mostly unknown and undocumented.

There is however a known issue with unity switch design failing in some units and and in some specific conditions. If the Tenka uses the same components then its fair to say that this issue will also show up.

The downside to the Tenka is that if any kind of failure occurs then there is absolutely no chance of fixing the broken component. If they follow the same rules as the unity then I expect it to be a case of “if you get a bad one it dies quickly and if it survives past the first month it will last forever”. If that’s the case then the only real question is how much you trust the vendor to honor the warranty.

But as you say there is not enough long term data yet to draw any conclusions about reliability.

7 Likes

That’s great to know. I’m hoping massive stator will stand by their product/warranty if anything does happen. That may be the most important factor throughout the ownership experience.

1 Like

28 posts were split to a new topic: FocBox Tenka Talk

Where’d you find rubber washers?

2 Likes

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MF51GWY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Perfecto

1 Like

Meanwhile, working on this foam tape… Still need a cool design to show that beautiful blue

2 Likes

2 Likes

figuring out what to do with the grip tape is one of the hardest things for me…
good luck!!!

1 Like

Tell me about it. I’m constantly on 'tillers IG try steal ideas… I mean draw inspiration from his work. … I wonder if he plays Forza Horizon…

1 Like

2 Likes

Much better.

3 Likes

4 Likes

lol dude!!!
I have totally done this…
I call it the lazy man’s fiberglassing.

no idea if it really helps. but made me feel good.

won’t do any harm.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: FocBox Tenka Talk

I moved the Tenka discussion out of this build thread and into its own. Its off topic for a build thread but its also an important conversation. Thanks.

6 Likes

lmfao and right as i post something about it.

1 Like