Blown esc help.

you can get free faster shipping from the LLT website https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/13s-48v-li-ion-battery-pcb-board-54-6v-lithium-bms-with-60a-discharge-current-for-electric-motorcycle-and-e-scooter-protection-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2/

(just select 10s liion on the dropdown)

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I actually misspoke i have a Bamboo GTX (not a GT), would the combo (unity/xenith + 10s BMS) you recommended still apply?

GTX uses lipo batteries right? I can’t vouch for that unfortunately.

Just checked a couple specs.

Seem to suggest that they are:

• Battery: Custom designed 36 volt 10AH Lithium Ion.

yes it still apply, but he is right, if you want to use most of the power of your Xenith your should upgrade the shitty evolve battery to a 10S4P from 18650 :slight_smile:

Ok nice - yeah the evolve battery sag is awful. It’s manageable on flat terrain but the moment hills get involved - you walking.

Any recommendations on where to find a a good prebuilt 10s4p pack?

Last question on the BMS. Should I go specifically with the “10s 36v li-ion 20A” or should I get the 30A / 40A if I am planning on using the evolve battery for a bit till I upgrade the pack?

I’d say get the 20 amp and discharge bypass it, however I think the problem is if you’re using the evolve ESC you need to use the evolve bms. Hopefully someone else can jump in here.

Where do you live ? USA or Europe ?

For now you should take the 40A, you don’t know yet what you are doing with battery and setting up Vesc tool so I wouldn’t recommend a By-pass until you know more about battery stuff as it could catch on fire if you pull to much power out of the evolve pack…
But wait, if you wanna buy a prebuilt 10S4P, don’t buy a BMS because the prebuilt will come with one :wink:

Yeah - I’m specifically trying to get off the evolve esc. Evolve customer service stopped shipping parts for the R2 remote so I’m noping my way out of Evovle entirely.

I do like the board, power is plenty for me, just need to be on a platform where I will be able to reliably get parts when needed - Evolve is not that anymore unfortunately.

I upgraded my other hub motor board with a hobbywing ESC and it’s been awesome. Would love to find a no fuss kind of ESC for evovle belt motors.

I know unity / xenith is all the rage on the forum but any recommendation for an equivalent no fuss belt motor ESC?

Unity bad
Xenith good
Stormcore good

Your options are limited as you need something with a power switch (antispark) built in.

If you want power, nothing is plug and play. You need to program your esc if you want power.

True - I’m in USA (near NYC).

I don’t want to throw the evolve battery out just yet. I’ll prob upgrade to 10s4p for the evolve board eventually and then will throw the evolve battery in a back up hub motor board iv been planning for a while.

When you say “if you want power” - what do you mean?

I had a shitty halo board that kept breaking down. I kept the battery, threw a hobbywing esc + new hub motors (6463 hub) in and it goes 25-30mph just fine. That’s plenty of power for me.

When you say “if you want power” - are you talking in excess of what I was getting in GT mode with the evolve or just to stay on par with it?

More torque. I’m also in NYC refurbishing an old bamboo gt with a better battery and a vesc and that thing is more powerful than stock, but with the stock motors you also have to think about the thermal limitations. This being said you should be able to squeeze more performance before it really overheats.

1 Like