Biggest rip off

Am i wrong that this is the biggest rip off? Just looks at the esc on this 4500$ board lol.

Lhttps://www.ecomobl.com/products/telumboard-infinity-ba-2in1-electric-mountainboard-new-arrivals-products/

1 Like

I mean just because an ESC is potted doesn’t mean its bad

HOLY CRAP it weights 55-70lbs

My mtb with jump pack is only 32 lmao

Dunno what the ESC is, but it says 65a, I assume that is per/motor, so maybe a variant of the LY-FOC?

3 Likes

A properly designed, spec’d, and potted ESC can be a fantastic thing to have (but is typically unrepairable) but company cannot have a “waterproof” ESC if the beeper is exposed, several connections to the ESC are exposed (at the end of those wire pigtails), and (arguably) the cans of the caps are also outside of their potting.

Having those unprotected connections at the ends of those wires is no different than exposing their circuit board traces and the components the traces go to.

A safety concern…
By blocking the venting structures at the tops of those bigs caps they evidently have also decided that they prefer the caps to side-burst at high pressure levels instead of the lower pressure level bursting the top vent provides. Not sure this can be called a good safety feature to have.

4 Likes

I mean, do you think they even thought of that? Somehow I doubt that was taken in to consideration, looking at all the other potted escs lol

5 Likes

Nope. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s a LingYi / Ly-foc yeah

3 Likes

ftfy

Im not saying it horrible. But this does not meet the stardards for a 4500$ board in my opinon.

1 Like

what’s new? ecomobl has a pretty shit reputation as it is.

3 Likes

Just started a thread about these boards. The prices are nuts. After looking at all three, it makes even less sense how the top model costs nearly double the bottom one.

On top of that, the bottom one is almost identical to the Ripper, which is only 1800.

3 Likes

I know right. Im sure their is others here that keep up todate with new production board products. The pricing on these things seemed outragous compared to the rest of the market. Seems like they use the same cheaper part other chinese production brands do. But they charge alot more becuase they copy the designs of high end boards like baja and trampa. ( yes i know bajas are bad lol)

heavy things are expensive.

3 Likes

Theyre super annoying with their spam lol.

5 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Lol indeed. Hard not to chuckle.

I really have no respect for the way they spread the word of the board… Its seriously not okay pretending to be a customer.

3 Likes

Jesus Christ that’s bad

Huh. I had guessed this thread was gonna be about the tramp aIR’s…

1 Like

It’s a shame i only see this thread now. Esc in picture is obviously LingYi. Which generation is under question. Could be anywhere from 20A to 40A. 2 layered board thats why its heavy with ~4 mm aluminum plate at bottom. You got ripped off as this esc is barely 70-100e a peace and underspeced. Don’t believe any numbers retailer lists.

2 Likes

That’s not the BIGGEST ripoff. Whatever happened to JedBoard? and SpeedBoard? now those are ripoffs

1 Like

Huh. What did happen to speedboard. Looked cool if it would’ve actually made it to production.

They honestly may have gotten slightly conned by our good friend Jeff Wu & set back by that. Hard to tell.

1 Like