Bigfoot | TB130 | Dogstar Stubbie | Unity Super Single | 10S3P 30Q [SRO]

Question, what sized bullets or connector did you use to connect the ESC to the motor? Since for a MR60 you will have to shove 2 wires into that 4mm bullet.

1 Like

ah, well that explains :joy:

1 Like

I used 12AWG wire, but I connected the phases together before the wires got to the MR60 exiting the enclosure.

(super stranded, silicone-insulated)

2 Likes

This firmware is now available here

4 Likes

I was just wondering if you know, where the word “Stubbie” of your deck originates from? It reminds me quite hard of a very beautiful german word :beer:

1 Like

The Alva Dogstar is a deck

The Alva Dogstar Stubbie is a different deck, I am guessing made from the same press and molds but chopped differently.

While I do like this deck, I feel like I probably like the Mike McGill Skull & Snake Series 10 Reissue deck a little bit better, as used on The Blue One. The PP OG Bug is a cool deck too.

3 Likes

Well then, prepare for some fun fact smart-ass knowledge about your board :nerd_face:

Stubbie describes a small bottle of beer (app. 330ml/11,15oz) which almost looks like an ordinary bottle was compressed somehow. So it fits the board perfectly if you ask me:

or

It is also known as Steinieform (less common here), according to wikipedia it was suggested as a successor to the steel tin after the prohibition after 1936. So maybe even still well-known in America? (an account given the gist of wikipedia.de)

Anyways, whenever you are offered a stubbi(e) by a random german dude in the summer at a park or so, this means he probably likes you (not in a creepy way, but in the bro wants to drink beer with another bro way) and you’ll get a nice, cold, “Pils” (the beer inside the Stubbie) which stays fresh and sparkling because it doesn’t survive very long because of its small size :drooling_face:

Wikipedia out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to still get those riser lights somewhere? Doesn’t seem to be on metroboard’s site

Prost

3 Likes

You have to email Metroboard and inquire about them. These are “2W” model, there was also a “10W” model which are brighter and longer. These were used on discontinued models so my guess is once stock is exhausted they’ll be gone.

I don’t even run the 2W at full brightness as I only use them as positional lighting so others can see me. I personally run them in series (all 4 LEDs, two per side) at 9.00V which draws 23mA (124mW front + 83mW rear).

2 Likes

Using these things

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W8UTRJA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Where did you get them?

Is there a secret code I have to type on the TB website and they magically appear JK

1 Like

Some haters would say the secret word is “fallbetter”

11 Likes

Lol :joy:

1 Like

Prost. :beers:

2 Likes

2 Likes

7 Likes

how is the splash up going through that? would love a vid

1 Like

Funny; the video I almost took was me hosing off the skate when I got home. I didn’t want the salt eating it alive in the closet.

2 Likes

Thane isn’t affected at all by brine right?
@RipTideSports?

just metal? plastics?