Bigfoot | TB130 | Dogstar Stubbie | Unity Super Single | 10S3P 30Q [SRO]

Wait are you only using half the Unity?

2 Likes

Nope, both sides driving the same motor.

5 Likes

That’s some Penis 2 energy

5 Likes

mega

1 Like

I guess you pair the AA BB CC phase leads? How do you know it won’t short out during detection?

The wiring diagram is in VariESC Tool.

M1 goes to M4
M2 goes to M5
M3 goes to M6

:warning: WARNING connecting them that way without the Super Single firmware installed WILL destroy your VESC right away.

7 Likes

Ohh you gotta run custom firmware, that makes more sense

Also I feel that firmwares name is calling me out :sob:

4 Likes

Truly bizarre that the drive wheel(s) discolor so much quicker than the non driven wheels

2 Likes

Amazing, the weirdest is that this board actually looks good, totally love it, and the white deck is just a perfect match

1 Like

It’s because I was burning out all the time loving the sheer amounts of power this thing has.

3 Likes

So hows that motor?

I have no complaints about the motor performance at all, I’m running it at 160A motor max and it’s keeping up just dandy :smiley: :metal:

3 Likes

More powerful than the tb6380?

Well it’s not a fair comparison using this Unity Super Single configuration to drive it, I’ll have to try to get a TB6380 set up on the same ESC and see what’s up.

I’ve never had an ESC that could be pushed this hard.

I also probably need to swap the 10S5P in the Green One into this skate so I can crank up the battery current some more.

2 Likes

As it’s set up now, this thing is balls to the walls with power at low to mid speeds. It tapers off on the high end due to battery constraints.

2 Likes

But more important question : can you fry an egg on the motor bell ?

4 Likes

I will check it out, but all the times I’ve checked before it wasn’t that hot.

4 Likes

A single motor with a 5p bat ? How come ? Do you have some reading of the actual consumption ?
I’m curious to see how much of the 160A you can actually draw

2 Likes

I’m working to get that data, there is no logging at the moment. Right now the Red One is on the bench, then after that, Bigfoot will get some more features. Bigfoot is currently in-service.

2 Likes

just to say that i wasn’t aware of this fork, but its great. keep up the good work.

2 Likes