Big urethane wheel options

:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

“innovative dampening technology” :rofl:

but yeah, cloudwheels don’t have wide CP, BUT they are wonderful on bricks

3 Likes

If you just go for ride quality then the 115mm rubber wheels are the best thing I ever tried. even better than cloud wheels. But they have bad efficiency and wear quicker than thane.

3 Likes

They are hard, too little material height to absorve the shock, they are great on smooth pavement , and they do roll over anything, even really bad roads, but it’s not comfortable for the rider

I used them for a long time, but my 85 mm baby blue Caguamas are way smoother if not everywhere, at least in most places

1 Like

I probably didn’t find them to bad because i have a very flexy mountainboard deck.

1 Like

fuck yes, if only they have true kegel core (can fit press fit pulley, i won’t settle for close enough)
they perform so good that i don’t care about efficiency on them anymore, but they do go bald faster than i’d like
thane thread :shushing_face:

1 Like

What about Boa Wheels? Though, the biggest size they have is 100mm.

I haven’t heard anyone talking about them in a while, so I don’t know if they are still a reputable storefront to buy from. Shipping will kill you though, which is why I never bought from them.

1 Like

i think ever since they went away from labeda urethane the wheels are just regular wheels, nothing special.

1 Like

Oh, eww. So that’s what happened. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Actually, their 83a urethane holds up quite well, and is very comparable to Ollin Popoca wheels. However 78a TB110s blow them out of the water, no competition.

The new 76a Boas might be good, but that company is run by the same folk as JedBoards (scammers), so it would be best not to support them.

4 Likes

Momentum wheels is supposed to be done soon. Hopefully. 105mm… But if your dead set on 110s or 107s I might know a guy.

I’ve got some abec 107s might be willing to sell…

1 Like

I know a guy. .

Found a vendor here in Norway. A bit more expensive, but no hassle with shipping and toll.
So i guess i go for the abec’s.

2 Likes

Seems like there’s a new wheel in the making, by Loaded/orangatang

Screenshot from @Mikenopolis Instagram post, maybe he can share more on it. Looks kegel compatible, and in different sizes too. Curious on contact patch, and if they’re gonna make purple and cyan ones respective to their hardness

12 Likes

9 Likes

Loaded be like

12 Likes

The supposed 100mm might feel hard with such a big core from first looks

6 Likes

I want to put that on my pushboard :laughing:

5 Likes

the wheel on the left of “110mm” looks to be even bigger…damn, r we finally getting quality 130mm thane wheels that Dex refuse to make :eyes:

im guess the bigger wheel core (still looks like kegel) design is meant to solve the possible delam issue that some tb110 wheels are experiencing? hopefully existing pulleys won’t get affected by this.

6 Likes