Bestech 80A BMS

I was about to set up my Bestech 80A BMS HCX-D223V1 on my lipo set up, but I realized there’s a sticker on the back of it that has a check mark on Li-ion, but the other box is LiFeP o4, I guess it is better the other box isn’t checked. The packaging does say it is for Lithium-ion/Lithium-Polymer. How can I tell what the over discharge protection settings are set to as I am assuming that should be the only difference between LiPo/Li-ion. I can’t think of any other issues. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Did you order it directly from bestech?

Nah, I bought it a while ago on the other forum from a member that got it from another member

You’re good. LiFeP04 has a different cutoff voltage than Li-ion/lipoly.

So long as you have the Li-ion model you have the correct one, I’ve used this BMS on a few builds now with lipoly & Li-ion

1 Like

as @DerelictRobot said the difference is in cutoffs. both are 4.2v max. lithium ion is 3.6v nominal and typically can be discharged down to 2.5v. lithium polymer is 3.7v nominal and can technically be discharged to 3v, but really not good to discharge with heavy loads below 3.6v or so.

bkb has some data sheets here:

https://buildkitboards.com/collections/batteries/products/bestech-bms

1 Like

Thanks guys. This is what I had thought and wanted to hear, I just wanted to be safe rather than sorry!

1 Like