Best way to mount ESC to enclosure?

I havnt had any downfalls. I started doing it after I notice psychotiller does it

ok i see. what do you use to mount it onto the deck?

I use heavy duty velcro most of the time for ease of removal and vibration reduction.

Dual lock is strong for static holding, but it doesn’t like vibrations + gravity, so it would probably work OK if mounted to the enclosure, but for under deck mount, it will fall off inside the enclosure unless you use something under the esc to provide some upward force to keep it in place, like a foam block or something.

1 Like

(This was an attempt to get you to share more.)

3 Likes

A a

Do you mount to the deck or the enclosure?

I usually try to mount to the deck to reduce strain on the enclosure, but I’ve got a couple setups with everything mounted to the enclosure which makes it easier to swap the whole enclosure & electronics to another board if I want. I don’t think it’s as much of an issue to mount everything to the enclosure if you’ve got a nice fiberglass or CF enclosure, but the ABS and plastic ones have been known to break around the bolt holes in some cases.

Ahh ok. What are the eBoosted ones made out of? Im pretty sure i linked it in the post

Fiberglass. So, you should be fine mounting to the enclosure.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Do you recommend?

The best way is with a through enclosure heat sink.

4 Likes

Hmmm ok I see

1 Like