Best way to mount ESC to enclosure?

Hey guys,

I was wondering… what is the best way to mount an ESC to the enclosure/deck? I was thinking of gluing but then I realized if I wanted to change the sec for any reason it would be a hassle. Velcro? Screws?

For your reference I am using 2x MayTech SuperESC, Loaded vanguard (flex 2) deck, and the eBoostedPeru 10s4p Enclosures .

Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

Hotglue worked well for me just make sure its as hot as it can get and use a lot of it

1 Like

Velcro is what a lot of people use, strong double sided tape, hot glue…

Theres a lot of options but velcro is probably the best. Screws I would only use if the deck doesn’t flex at all

3 Likes

Hot glue did not hold well for metal on fiberglass.

I replaced with industrial Velcro and a bead of silicone around the boxes. Seems to be much more solid.

4 Likes

I’ll go with that, thanks.

1 Like

I’ll make sure it’s hot if i use it

1 Like

I used VHB - works like a charm and is thick enough to provide some level of dampening from the vibrations.

1 Like

Haha, i was thinking like when it starts flowing, leave it on for another 10 minutes :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I used the gorilla stuff, it’s pretty thick but so far it hasn’t lasted that well

That’s good. I’ll take a look on that

Ohh ok haha I will

1 Like

I believe that this was what i used: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-VHB-Tape-4991/?N=5002385+3293223574&rt=rud

Id have to check - I buddies up with the maintenance supervisor back when i worked at the Fab Shop and he threw me a roll for my RC Car stuff.

3 Likes

I’m using an integrated enclosure type , but I was thinking of getting a HeatSink and screw it on the deck. Don’t know how vibrations + the heat would affect it though. Still doing research.

1 Like

That looks good. I’ll look

A bit off topic but what should i use to mount my battery pâck to my deck?
If i just put it in my enclosure it will put alot of stress onto my enclosure.
Would velcro work too?

3M Dual Lock is great for a firm hold that allows for easy removal/servicing later.

11 Likes

Got it, thanks!

1 Like

I mount all my stuff to the bottom of the deck

2 Likes

‎ ‎

3 Likes

Is that ok? What are the downfalls to that?