Best remote for a young child? [Closed]

I’d like to start my girl out slow, she is dieing to get on a board so I’m in the process of converting my Haya for her with a nice skin and some paint by her (hopefully)

She has small hands though, can anyone recommend a good remote for small child hands? My VX-1 is about 2x to large for her hands.

EDIT: bought a mini.

2 Likes

You could get a RC remote and receiver, they probably make those in smaller versions.

Plus those sometimes have throttle and braking adjustments on the remote so she can learn about changing settings and how she likes it.

Oh and very cheap is an advantage

3 Likes

@Sn4Pz any recommendations?

(Would a puck work?)

4 Likes

Maybe a TB Nano?

4 Likes

Hey what the hell >:[

I’ve got big hands your remote just wasn’t comfortable :crazy_face:

The Bruce is an acceptable size, but the Hoyt puck seems like a good choice as it’s sort of similar

3 Likes

I told you that the HHG was too much remote for your creepy baby-sized hands.

2 Likes

I s2g I’ll make you do the ‘whos hand is bigger’ shit if I ever meet you :sob::joy:

Xt90 for comparison >:(

:joy:

3 Likes

Bro. So tiny.

Xt-90 for comparison:

8 Likes

You’re such a dick :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Shut up you love me.

2 Likes

What is that connector tho I need something to replace these dog shit red connectors

Xt20? 30?

2 Likes

XT-90.

Are you illiterate in addition to being hideously deformed with your tiny baby mitts?

(I’m kidding they’re XT-30)

2 Likes

You genuinely had me for a second :sob:

Thanks

1 Like

Hoyt puck too large for a child IMO.

I wear XS-S gloves depending on brand and it’s very slightly too large for me which leads to a bit of discomfort. I do have excessively crampy hands on top of things - but still overall slightly large.

Is the mini too big? Only other thing I can really think of is to re-shell something existing.

Perhaps asking the guy with a backpack build and a small gear-throttle remote would be best. That thing is smol.

Is that @malJohann?

Also the red connectors pictured above are indeed dogshit. I die a little inside every time I see an otherwise nice build using them.

4 Likes

We will need a pic of you with a XT90 in the palm of your hand for size reference

4 Likes

What about the Vx1? It’s nice and grippy and has a small form factor - and it’s only $30.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s me, I’ll have to revisit that remote sometime, as it didn’t have spring-return to centre and that proved to be problematic.

Also, the throw on that pot was way too long, like 270 degrees long, where most only go 90 degrees.

2 Likes

I went ahead and got a mini remote… I think if nothing else, her being able to actuate the trigger with her second hand should work… or it will be easily modable into something that will work for her. A VX-1 is tooo large.

3 Likes

Ah okay. Somehow I totally missed the line in your initial post about that :joy:

Those are some small hands

Hmm. If it’s that bad, maybe buying a puck and velcroing it to a slide glove to be used with her hand fairly open would work. Not my idea of something comfortable in the slightest, but kids are adaptive and typically don’t care too much. Two-handed remote operation on the other hand sounds slightly dangerous and more uncomfortable than having the puck in a fixed position.