(updated) WTB Bergmeister tires + v2 tubes? Still looking

Does anyone have a spare/used set of bergmeister hubs/wheels and adapter for direct drive motors? I currently have the 120mm cloud/foamies and looking to experience pnuematics for the first time. I’m aware of the @Janux-esk8 custom kegel adapters (and also a 3d printed haggy adapter?) as the existing options to choose from. Has anyone already tried them on the lofty style DD with DKP and disliked the ride? I have the late 2019 72kv model.

@DerelictRobot you had experience with a non Janux made hub for Bergs and DD right ? Any pointers for where I might be able to buy/test some used ones out? Would like to fit them to my hummie if I can get ahold a used set (currently don’t have budget for a brand new set :frowning: saving for vesc too)

3 Likes

Yes, I am looking for the exact same.

2 Likes

Too high of a KV to work properly with bergs…

6 Likes

Ah no really?! It’s a torque issue?

3 Likes

Those gunmetal hubs you saw were a custom limited release run, and not actually intended for DDs. So unfortunately not really available.

I had to design a custom spacer cap to allow those to mate correctly on the Torqueboard DDs, otherwise they were 3mm too shallow in depth.

5 Likes

Oohhh I see - k thanks for the response!

3 Likes

Yep. Will have poor acceleration and probably constantly overheat the motors.

4 Likes

Also worth stating I’m running 60kv XL-DDs on 6" pneumatics. Any higher KV is going to be too much, too little torque.

5 Likes

Darn it - wellllp maybe that ends my curiosity properly hahaha

3 Likes

Ok so 60kv and under will be more fitting - noted!

Thanks for the quick info!

2 Likes

Do you think i’d be good to slap the Bergs on the lofty 58kv DD?? (considering the motor cans don’t spin off, explode into ashes, and kill me??) haha

3 Likes

it’s definitely a roll of the dice at this point!

3 Likes

How portly are you?

2 Likes

im 175lb - and also not looking to mash it too fast or hill-climb much… Just looking for road comfort and carving/cruising.

3 Likes

I really like these on direct drives. I never mentioned just how big a pain in the ass it is to get these seated on the shitty ass elofty adapter. I had to use a rubber mallet to get them on the adapter. Besides that and the fucking can unscrewing they seemed :ok_hand:.The ride is nice and quiet as to be expected with pneumatics and direct drives. If you use AT on any elofty drive besides the 58KV you’ll burn them out. They didn’t give a single fuck about the few hills I hit although I weight 125lbs.

7 Likes

Oh shit. I have set of those space gray ones just collection dust on my shelf They look pretty damn koo :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

You should be fine.

2 Likes

Not the same hub in question

6 Likes

Space grey is the way to go

4 Likes

You have so much shit.

5 Likes