Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

This was a trampa truck with barrels so no adjustment screws, just a “screw tight screw”.

But yes it wasn’t the main truck pattern bolt.

If it’s all you have on hand id probably try it. I’ve use it in the past for similar stuff and it went ok.

2 Likes

Carving at 20mph is the sweet spot for me. Going faster doesn’t always equal more fun. I found going 30mph on an Evo wasn’t that great. Like it’s fun going fast but I like to cruise…

5 Likes

MBS comp 90…what underslung enclosure fits?

The eboosted trampa holypro fits nicely on the birds deck and the dwii, but not sure about the comp

2 Likes

you guys know batteries better than me man… i want to wire the balance wires of my 12s4p molicel 18650 nese module battery as 2 x 6s because I have a good graupner ultramat lipo charger that came with a trampa board i bought a few years back.
not confident how to wire that… my guess is the main battery negative would have 2 negative rings (one for each 6s jst connector) and then the rest is obvious. like this picture…

I’ve had bad luck charging a split battery using a balance charger.

The way I got around it was by using a loop key to split the two 6s packs for charging.

It was a less than ideal configuration and I believe the fuckery led to the demise of my balance charger.

If you’re going to do it, I strongly suggest that you have an easy way to completely isolate the two batteries from one another.

This includes isolating them from their connection with the ESC as well

1 Like

look in this thread

Warning: being correct is not a prerequisite for being included

2 Likes

wow, I figured it would be pretty simple. I guess worst comes to worse I could do what you said and turn the 12s into two 6s’ just like lipos. thanks

1 Like

that looks like early cave drawings of esk8. thanks though

It might be… but it might not be. I made many magic smokes with my balance charger before I decided that completely isolated batteries was the only way.

1 Like

Anybody know what size lock nuts fit MBS matrix 2 hangers?

so would you do both sides like this and then use a rc series connector? (only did one for now bc i dont have extra xt 90 with pigtails rn) and then for the balance wires… each 6s would have a ground to batt - and then 6 to the 6 consecutive cell positives

Screenshot_20220514-121919

2 Likes

After some advice for my build please

Got my rubber airless tyres with the 45t kegal pulleys from onsra and trying to fit them to my bn220s.

The pulleys came with 10mm hole, 6mm wide bearings so swapped them out to 8mm but that added 1mm in width. Fitting them to the axle, I put washers on for measurements until the speedrings arrive but there is no axle left to fix a nut on.

Guessing the onsra axles are longer than the bn ones so probably can’t use these pulleys after all.

Has anyone else come across this?

I know @ShutterShock made a video with them but using the bn pulleys. I wrongley assumed that a pulley was a pulley :rofl: there’s my noob mistake of the day.

If these are no good, can you recommend a 45t pulley that would work, preferably press fit and from the UK?

Whats wrong with rhe word noob? : )

some noob thinks they are not noob so they won’t ask in the noob question thread, which causes a flood of new thread with a single simple question that could be asked in the noob thread.

hence, the title change

1 Like

Its ok to be noobish everyone is at some point. : )

1 Like

exactly, no one was born with all the knowledge. we learn from others / internet or by experience. somehow, some people’s pride get in the way and won’t admit they are just more noob in certain aspect of things.

hell, even if u r expert, but need a second opinion on something, we are more than welcome to answer in the noob thread. noob thread is (was) just a mega thread for simple / quick / short question that u need an answer of without having a long thread just for a one single small thing.

3 Likes

Does anyone know where I can buy threaded aluminum sleeves/tubes/rods/things in lengths greater than 100mm?
These came with my ATC mount kit, and I’ll need to shorten them a bit, which is fine, and easy…but I’d like to know where to get more in case I swap motors and need to readjust the spacing between my mounts.
I can find them all over but only in lengths less than 100mm. I need something closer to 230mm. (Ideally 250 and I can just size them down to my needs again).
So far it’s like trying to find and purchase unicorn cock.
They are m2.5

Thanks!

3 Likes

@ATC

1 Like