Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Yep I only use BT to pair to my stormcore… much easier than USB. Both via laptop and mobile

2 Likes

Yes, but it depends on how bad the damage is, where is is, and what your skill level and motivation level are.
tldr, not enough information to give a simple yes/no.

1 Like

Hello again, for those who have any issues with connections with the VX4 remote after the v1.1 update, I solved it installing an antenna like this one. It works like a charm behind 4 brick walls.

2 Likes

No, it’s straight. Sensors also appear to be busted, only on that motor, it cant get up from a stop well. Nothing happens like in venom’s post where the can moves, it will stay the same no matter how much load I put into it. I only got these motors like 5 months ago. The shaft has backed out of the motor pinion by a noticeable amount and there is some wear on the outside of the motor gear but I don’t know if its from this. I am having the same problem I had with the wheel mounts on the rear which it turned out an inadequate bolt was used and the threads were destroyed.

1 Like

Huh didn’t even think about Bluetooth over desktop, nice!

3 Likes

Yeah I use a MacBook and just plop it on top of the board and connect via Bluetooth lol. Very handy

2 Likes

Really sorry to be asking this again, but I’ve spent a bunch of time searching the forum and can’t find the post where this question was answered before.

What kind of panel mount connectors are good as a passthrough for sensors through the enclosure?

1 Like

I used some CNLinko 6-pin M12 connectors for my hall sensor wires and they worked great. A lot like Weipu connectors here but they are not as easy to get I don’t think, and are a bit pricier.

4 Likes

Cnlinko or weipu, whoever says GX connector, don’t listen to them

2 Likes

Panel mounted motor connectors are shit. Change my mind.

3 Likes

I’m starting to feel this way after using panel mount weipu SF8, and I’m thinking inline connectors are the pro move here.

1 Like

what do you do? not being able to easily remove my enclosure from the board is shit; change my mind lol.

1 Like

I run them directly to the esc, or in the event that i can’t do that, i’d run a jst extension to outside of the enclosure, join it inline and just heatshrink it (use glue-lined shrink if you’re worried about water)

3 Likes

yeah I tried that, but i kept accidentally putting a lot of strain on the sensor cables when putting on and taking off the enclosure.

What don’t you like about panel mounts?

1 Like

The shear amount of work for a problematic result.

They’re almost always bulky and a pain in the ass, cunt load of work to install, if you ever need new motors you gotta do all the work again, if you don’t get really good ones, they won’t last (gx connectors seem to work well but literally fall apart over time).

In my opinion there are zero advantages to using panel mounted connectors for motor wires.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried 7 pin xlrs lol

1 Like

ew

2 Likes

What is your pick and why?

• Torque Boards 110mm 74a
  • MAD Eskate 105mm 72a
  • Momentum Comfort 105mm 80a
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

I really like the Momentum Hollow Pros

What is the difference between comfort and pro?