Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

had to rewire from uart to ppm

1 Like

My 6374s currently hit the low 60s in temperature pretty fast on a 1:6.2 gear ratio if I push hard. I do want a little more speed though, so do you think it’ll be fine to drop down to 1:5.64 or even 1:5.17 and stay reasonably cool or will I need bigger motors?

Has anyone ran into a problem similar to mine? I have a stormcore 60D mounted to my pelican 1200 enclosure. The problem is when Im done riding and go to drag my board into my house I always power it off, but I’ve been noticing lately it has been powering back on all on its own by the time I get inside. I ruled out accidentally bumping it on the door when I’m dragging it in and it has happened the last 3 days of riding and seems to only happen when am moving the board.

1 Like

Do you have a roll to start feature? I’m pretty sure that’ll turn your ESC on if your wheels spin at all. I could be wrong.

3 Likes

I will check my settings today.

Hi, I was riding my board and came up to a road crossing, I hit the brakes and walked over, but when I tried using my board again the wheels where locked up. Using the remote did nothing and everytime i powered on the board the wheels locked up. I opened the board and updated and the software as well as redo the setup in VESC TOOL. The board seemed fine, but today, when going up a pretty steep hill, my board decided to constantly spin (not at 100% throttle, more like 30%). When I power on the board everything seems fine, but when i try to accelerate using the remote it does not respond, but suddenly it starts to spin, independent off what I do with the remote. I use a FLIPSKY Dual FSESC4.20 Plus. Anyone got a clue as to what to do?

What remote

4 Likes

Its definitely the roll to start feature turning it back on. I’ve never tried to disable it my self, it may be possible in vesctool.
I’d just shut it down after you roll it inside.

5 Likes

How can I turn on a xenith without a switch

1 Like

Short the MOM pins with something conductive.

3 Likes

roll to start

1 Like

thanks

not sure if vesc is dead (think it is) but want to confirm its not the switch

Pick your board up by the rear truck and drag. Easier roll and won’t turn back on.

2 Likes

I was wondering under what search words can I find out more about wide 40cm trucks like the Apex Air.

I want to try a RKT that is able to fit 200mm pneumatic tires.
I read the guide on Trucks by Daniel (https://e-skateboarder.com/trucks/) and i quickly realized that except for the chambered trucks he was talking about 7-10 inch trucks that from what i understand fit only regular skateboarddecks and not longboarddecks with offroad tires.

Are there any options for DKP RKP Trucks for electrictric longboards out there?

I’m really confused why a site about E-Skateboarding would suggest these small trucks for DIY projects when all the projects I see in the Forum or elsewhere online use longboard decks for.

What am I missing? Do people actually fit 7-10 inch trucks under longboards? Is a significant % of eskaters actually using small decks?

Would love if someone could help me grasp this topic haha :slight_smile:

A little while ago I asked about the pin layout for 6-pin hal connectors with temperature for the motor.
Because the color code made me a little bit uneasy and the manufacturer didnt give detailed information… I decided to open one of the hub motors up to see the pinout for myself :I

Well… I was kind of right with my worry as the colors are correct but the ground and temp are flipped… (is that normal? doesnt matter i guess) So now I can confidently solder the cables to the 6-pin plug to the vesc ^^
And good thing I checked… because if I had connected them 1:1 I think something would have broken.
The Motor is [ T | - | A | B | C | + ]
The vESC is [ - | C | B | A | + | T ]

and I read that the order of “ABC” or “H1 H2 H3” is irrelevant and the esc figures that out by itself but the other ones could have damaged something :melting_face:
Now is my question again: did I overlook anything? Is it okay to now just solder the 6-Pin cable to my motor by matching the markings i found?

3 Likes

Looks like the motor wire bundle is upside down and only +/- are inverted.

that looks like an ez pin order fix, no?

color on the pcb looks right

1 Like

thx I was just unshure because i had no 100% answer before opening it up and now I wanted to update the ppl that read my previous question and maybe confirm before I destroy my stuff :smiley:

1 Like

Has anyone tried dual motors on Boardnamics 145mm hangers? I did a dry fit of two FS6354s on a 220 and left just a whisper of an airgap, and measuring from outer face of the mounts (so taking into account the thickness of the mount plates) my setup was ~110mm. I can’t see any reason it wouldn’t work on the 145s, you might have trouble with the silly protrusion on Maytech motors but I feel like I’m missing something

Tagging in @rafaelinmissouri because I saw you have a few small boards on those hangers.

Edit: actually am I right that standard skate anxles are in the 30-35mm range? That’d give the BN hangers a total extra width of 30-40mm, effectively making it adjustable from 145 equivalent to ~190mm equivalent

2 Likes

Yes

One 6380 and one 6355, but on opposite sides of the hanger (front/rear)