Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

So i’ve been doing it wrong all these years calling him for yeti phone sex?

4 Likes

You need to appeal to the ego brother.

1 Like

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

5 Likes

Mmmmm
Wendy’s. 3/4pound square patty excellence.
Ran into the nearest Wendy on arrival to oz and it’s a fucking ice cream shop

:wink:

Ok so here are my noob questions
(Sorry about the offensive word noob)

What’s the best dual esc out there?
What’s the best drivetrain for a carver?

I’ve asked all my friends but they have all turned into vendors so I am relying on you guys.

4 Likes

single mcu = stormcore 60d+ or 100d+ depend on what voltage u play with
dual mcu = makerx new d60 or d75 or d100, again depend on what voltage u want

there is also this thread u can check out to get a simple compare table of many different esc

2 Likes

@Savage1 has made some bangin TKPs that have been well reviewed.

@ApexBoards has parallel king pin PKP trucks out called the Airs that have 2 awesome sets of drives recently launching to go with them.

If you want to go belt drive but stunning looking, @Tony_Stark at Radium is in the down under land as well and makes some gorgeous product.

These would be my top 3 choices for a next project personally.

As for escs, the cool kids are all now building 16-20s boards and calling themselves HV for either hyper vulvas or high voltage. Still haven’t figured that out yet :thinking:

9 Likes

Fuck the cool kids. I want reliable at 12s. 40 is enough.

Missed you baby

3 Likes

DV6 for the win

4 Likes

Yeah DV75 too new to be called “good” yet imo

DV6 makerx best option otherwise

3 Likes

Thanks chaps. Looks like I’ve got some homework to do. I did test some makerx stuff in the dim and distant past which didn’t go well but I will take your advice. @Tony_Stark
Down under? Got a site?

1 Like

Some of their older stuff was no good but the DV6 has been nothing but awesome and we’ve been abusing 3 over the last 12 months. Running 160 motor and 80 battery amps per side on mine at the moment.

And yeah we’re down under in Aus. Website here: https://radium-performance.com/

I make heatsinks for the DV6 :ok_hand:

3 Likes

What are your goals? Reliability, svelteness, quietness, or performance? Will you be in snow?

Are there any budgetary restraints?

1 Like

Any chance you could upload another picture of the DV6 heatsink? Just want to see how the fins look instead of the mounting interface.

Theres no fins. The back side that you cant see is the mounting side and its just flat. Fins are overrated

5 Likes

Thermal mass > fins any day.

4 Likes

If you decide to base your drivetrain around mbs trucks, @IDEA makes some nice mounts and pulleys for those trucks/hubs. Alternatively, @Boardnamics has a solid geardrive as well.

3 Likes

Snow Brian. Really? Queensland bro. No snow. Dirt tracks, water but only splashes. You know me, I know how to build a reliable board but just out of touch with the latest gear. Any help would be appreciated.

5 Likes

Ahh okay. For those of us who don’t know offhand the weather in every single locale, I’ve produced a handy quick study guide:

https://www.whatstheweatherlike.org/australia/queensland.htm

3 Likes

Is Queensland somehow less or more of an arid desert than the rest of oz?

1 Like