Be smarter than me

Right as the weather gets better, and just as my current build is almost done, I do this…

Now I have a torn ECU from the ulna (wrist)
All the while these guys sat lonely in the garage…
Gear up all! No matter what! (I was wearing my helmet)

19 Likes

Shit man! Sorry to hear about your crash, glad you are alive!

Definitely a solid message to get into everyone. Out sport is too dangerous for just a helmet.

*cough* @SeanHacker *cough*

8 Likes

I really want to keep wrist protection on but the plastic guards are a pain (I ride a lot holding stuff), are fingerless leather gloves enough for sub 20 mph?

5 Likes

Depends on how much injury you are looking to prevent :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hoping to not bleed too heavily or break anything

1 Like

You couldn’t see the end of my right ring finger in those pics. If I take that bandage off, that might help you decide

1 Like

Want to ride while holding stuff and go below 20mph?

Get a Onewheel. :sunglasses:

But for the OP, sorry for the injuries. Godspeed, hoping for a fast recovery.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great, now i’m craving pizza.

3 Likes

Lol that’s what I was talking about, the lady wants coffee or boba so I gotta be able to collect drinks on the Pint

4 Likes

The Hot nurse looked at the paperwork, then looked at me and said…”45 and still riding skateboards?”

15 Likes

And you said, “that’s not all I ride”?

17 Likes

Hah wish you fast recovery dude, looks painful.

I tend to at least get my padded gloves out when I go for a ride, saved my skin couple times already (once also saved my wrist, I only got a pain for few weeks but no break or tear thanks to the velcro strap and it was only a 30kmh fall in a grass gutter).

I feel like I’m gonna break a finger when I wear wrist guards, never managed to fall without trouble with them on? Do you have any pro tip for that?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Shhhh… I usually wear “decent” gear. But I really need to not rush my rides if I’m being honest and actually put all of it on.

3 Likes

Get this one

10 Likes

If they came in a subtle black/grey I’d definitely go for them

6 Likes

You can always dye them in black rit :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

And then his hand will also be black when sweaty! Unless you wash them a few times first.

Speaking of, do you have a recommended cleaning method @xboard?

2 Likes

Sounds like my wife :rofl:

1 Like