Battery welding service (US)

Cont. US / Ship from California

Battery spot welding service / P group assembly

This is not for pre-built batteries, this is for anyone who wants to build their own battery but does not want to spot weld themselves. I am only offering nickel welding P group assembly. You will need to finish assembly.

You will need to draft the layout of the battery, and provide me with how you wish the welds laid out.

Information recommended:

-Number of cells per P group
-Thickness and width of nickel preferred (or if you don’t wish to use pure nickel for some reason)
-Single or double stack, straight or staggered layout
-Bridging on S connections (for folding packs)
-Any additional tabs, location, orientation, etc.
-Any other special requests

Cost:
Rate includes nickel/insulation materials

Up to 50 cells $25 + shipping
50- 100 cells: $30 + shipping
100+ cells: $35 + shipping

Cells: You can either ship the cells to me, or add the cost of cells + shipping.

If you wish me to purchase the cells, I will use exclusively IMRbatteries, so check bulk pricing there. If you wish to have me order from another source, then it is up to you to verify whether that source supplies genuine cells.

Turnaround times may be longer if you request a nickel strip dimension I do not have in stock, I will let you know of options and expected delivery times.

PM for inquiry.
I will consider complete pack assembly if the other US vendors are busy or decline (complicated designs or non-esk8 related) - Check trusted vendor thread for US based builders

17 Likes

Would it be worth the time and money, with so many options. I guess having a few options of popular cells. 4P, 6P, 8P. with 30Q and a few other decent cells.

It may work depending on price.

2 Likes

Yeah, but there’s nothing wrong with starting with some set options, and if things go well, opening up the possibilities.

5 Likes

Is there an actual market for this?

3 Likes

I’d buy them for sure. In fact, I’d prefer it over cells or an assembled battery.

1 Like

My guess is there is a small market.
People with the knowledge and skill to make a complete battery but without a spot welder.

2 Likes

The difficult part would be like, what size nickel, tabs, etc etc.

Meh, maybe I’ll put up a thread to offer it as a service for people who doesn’t want to buy a spot welder but build their own battery.

4 Likes

Do it

4 Likes

I agree with Brian that there’s a market/interest for this.

3 Likes

I’d just say something like “Make me ten straight 5P packs with 10mmx0.15mm nickel single layer bonded with silicone, 30Q cells, what’s your price?”

Maybe someone else wants hot glue

Maybe someone else wants Panasonic PF cells or Samsung 40T cells

Maybe someone else wants 3 layers of nickel

Maybe someone else wants 6P as a trapezoid instead of straight

Maybe someone else wants 3P or 7P packs

Just give them a price and they say yes or no and you’re golden

4 Likes

Made a post, will see what happens. Does make sense for people who don’t build a ton and don’t need to buy bulk supplies to waste.

5 Likes

After two months of debating between purchasing a spot welder and putting in the hours practicing and dropping $200+ on N.E.S.E. modules I finally decided to go with the plastic boxes…I wish I knew this was an option a few weeks ago! I am confident in my soldering skills and could have saved some weight, cash and crucial millimeters from my battery build. Maybe next time. Best of luck with your service!

3 Likes

Great idea. I’m in Philly and was considering offering this as an option as well layer this year!

3 Likes