Battery Removal Question

I double stick taped my LHB-built battery to the deck of my Blue Shark. Then I broke the deck. What’s the best way to get the battery off the deck? I am slowly peeling with screwdrivers and cutting the stretched portions of adhesive with a razor blade. It doesn’t come off as the safest process I have ever followed. I thought about some cold spray but … it’s a battery.

2 Likes

Yank and pray, jk, I usualy try to work something wide and flat under the battery, maximize surface area where you are prying up at, alternatively, cut the heat shrink and pull the battery out, replace heatshink after

3 Likes

You kicked off an idea that made it go faster. Wedge a rubber door stop in. Wait a few minutes while it stretches the adhesive. Cut adhesive. Shove stop in a little further. Course that doesn’t tell me I didn’t damage any spot welds.

3 Likes

Yeah only if you peel back the wrap will you be able to tell, or after a few rides lol

2 Likes

Isopropyl alcohol?

Warm the glue with a heat gun or hair dryer to make it easier to remove (but this might be bad for batteries?)

Run dental floss underneath it, sawing back and forth. It’ll cut through the foam tape and you can clean the residue afterwards. It’ll put less stress on the battery than prying.

8 Likes

I’d be in the camp of cutting the battery out of the shrinkwrap, and rewrapping it, as @Skyart mentioned.

2 Likes

Doing this sitting in a chair straddling it (like deck in crotch angled 45*-60* upwards) so you can pull with a lot of force downward would probably work best

:man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Stick it in a freezer overnight use something thin to prise it off,
or use a heat gun use a bit of heat to prise cells out of tape.