Battery Building Shopping List Thread

Battery building items only lets go! (I’m a noob but couldn’t find a specific topic for this aside from eboosted eskate building thread so let’s see what you recommend for battery assembly)

Basically I ordered all this to cover all my bases and not be missing ‘that one thing’; this is probably excessive.

• 0.2mm * 30mm *5m Pure Nickel Plate Strap Strip Sheets 99.96%
    link

• 100pcs 0.2mm x 10mm x 100mm 99.96% Pure Nickel Plate Strap Strip Sheets
    Link

• 0.2 x 27.5mm x 1m diagonal style nickel strip
    Link

• 0.2x7x27mm x5 nickel strips (ladder style)
    Link

• clear heat shrink 80mm,75,70,66,60,55,50,45,43,40,36,31,30,2723,20 (might as well get full spectrum since shipping is most)
    Link

• 18650 barley paper electrode pads - hollow, solid - variety 1s1p, 2s2p, 5s5p, 9s9p
    Link

• 70mm x3m Green barley paper insulation fasket
    Link

• 30mmx50M x2 Glass Fiber Tape transparent Striped
    Link

• 10pcs XT90S 5 pairs Male Female
    Link

• XT60/90 Soldering Tool
    Link

• 300mm/190mm Clear Heatshrink
    Link

• Battery brackets (more for bike)
    Link
    Link
    Link

• Llt smart bms
    Link

• Daly Bms (common port has higher charge rate and we bypass so 30/40A)
    Link

7 Likes

@BenjaminF your turf, your turn

1 Like

Lemme just add to this, I personally guarantee DBS’s excellent shipping speeds and customer service. I had my first purchase lost in mail and Mr Benjamin ate the cost of the parts himself and sent me everything he still had in stock, gave me a coupon code for everything else. Component quality are excellent as well. Made 3 purchases from him already, very pleased.

3 Likes

Don’t forget

• Fishpaper
  • Hot glue gun and/or hotglue
  • Kapton tape
  • Multiple sizes of heat shrink for wires and plugs
  • Soldering iron
  • Good quality solder (60/30 is pretty much the best bet WITH lead)
  • Flux (optional if you get leaded solder)
  • Wires 14,12,10 AWG
  • Multimeter (cheap expensive doesn’t really matter as long it’s precise ish, 3.221V is better than 3.22V)
  • Charger (1S for balancing and the big charger for the finished pack
  • BMS
  • charge plug (different than xt90, you don’t want a big fire lol)

Thats pretty much all I can think of, AKA all or almost all I was missing with my first build LMAO. I’ll try to add links later when on PC

It’s for an ebike right? With the model 3 batteries ? Might have mixed up some people lmao if so you might want to also get some copper plating 0.3 to 0.6 should be sufficient for the amps you’ll continuously pull but will have to solder it as it’s a pain in the butt to spot weld copper

Anyways good luck with all those and your future pack :smirk: :smiley:

1 Like

if your a noob I recommend buying a multipack of BMSs , I think I killed 3 on my 1st battery build, I’ve killed about 8 now - few years on I still always buy 2 when I need 1 and I’m still scared to touch my DieByeBMS as I don’t think it would survive me… recently tried making a 13s smart bms a 12s and blow it up lol

3 Likes

I’d be scared to ride the boards with your batteries in them​:joy::joy: did 3 packs and the BMS’s all survived so far but it’s a good advice to get more just in case

3 Likes

oh dear it was more than 3

1 Like

I mean I’m not that surprised those died tbh I took appart 5 overboard packs with what seems to be the same BMS and those little shits killed only a single series connection in all 5 packs

2 Likes

I hate those things with a passion lol never go cheap on a BMS however much you might think your saving :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You gonna save in the end, if your pack last long