[Wiki]Building a battery (SERIOUS)

Nickel

There is a nice chart of current ratings for nickel

And also round your Nickel edges to prevent shorts from positive to the negative outside pole.

1 Like

Just pony up and get a Kweld or a Malectrics.
(drop mic)

We’ve seen soooo many people here waste money on the Sunnko or whatever, they are pretty bad from what we’ve seen.

I have both Malectrics and Kweld welders, and I found that If I paired them with a decent lipo or the right car battery are incredibly robust, versatile, easy to use, and reasonably priced.
(Pics coming from my phone later)
-iamasalmon

Isolation

You always want each P-group insulated from other P-groups with fishpaper. You can obtain fishpaper from:

Electrical tape, heatshrink, polyimide tape, or other things are not a substitute for fishpaper, as it’s very good at holding up to vibrations and abrasions.

1 Like

Placeholder(shipping)

now you have a placeholder

just give it 24 hours

Heh, sorry bud

3 Likes

The intention is, that this wiki is for people, who want to build their own battery. You know, what I mean?

3 Likes

Got it! The more the merrier

2 Likes

Nice, theres def a lot of confusion if not miss information out there about building. I’ll be sure to help fill in when I have the time.

Yeah, this sounds great. Thanks, Yannick.

3 Likes

Count me in.
Thank you for sharing the knowledge!

Xtra

1 Like

I’ll restructure the first post to the wiki, that all members can edit. Placeholders will get removed. I cannot do it alone (I cann do the most of it, time issue) and need help to do the Maintenance.

2 Likes

Hi, any updates on this wiki?

2 Likes

I added a few things just now because of this call to action

4 Likes

got notified of updated edits. :slight_smile: but those don’t make it clear what changed.

I think updated Nickel section this time? Yay. :slight_smile: consolidating and refining information is harder than spewing it out.

1 Like

Just added the rounded nickel. Cells is also a construction site. :slight_smile:
I need more people in here. :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll try to get you some more friends.

2 Likes

Thanks, Bill! :blush:

2 Likes

hey guys, thanks for doing this. i just got my spot welder in the mail today for maletrics.
@KfromtheBay was kind enough to ship me dead cells to practice welding on. The only thing i havent ordered yet was nickle. I was reading the nickle chart, and trying to understand what nickle size is appropriate for batteries i intend to build, and it is a little confusing. My goal is get good enough to build a 21700 12s9p battery pack. The cells have a continuous discharge of 45A, i believe mooch had these batteries at 40a to be precise, according to what i read from others.
Is there someone who can break down the nickle chart in newb terms, or guide me in the right direction online to read? Id like to really learn the right and safe way to do it. Ive been reading a ton on this site, and it has been very informative. Thank you